Author Topic: Easter Sunday Cooking Plans?  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
Easter Sunday Cooking Plans?
« Reply #-1 on: March 21, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
With Easter this coming Sunday it's not too early to have your plans in place for what you're cooking. Got something special planned?

I'm going to be doing a Root Beer Glazed Ham for sure. Not definite on what I do it on yet, the Traeger or the Keg. I'll wait to decide that later in the week.
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Easter Sunday Cooking Plans?
« on: March 21, 2016, 04:45:29 PM »
We are going to my Sister In Law's home... I'm hoping to score some leftover ham to do some fun things next week...
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 05:41:06 PM »
For the first time this century SWMBO has decided to forego hosting her famous Easter Brunch. We're saving a bunch of time, money, and effort by not preparing the traditional ham, eggs benedict, au gratin potatoes, etc. for 20-25 people (not to mention the champagne we don't have to buy). Most of the savings, however, will be spent at the Moana Surfrider Hotel's almost equally famous brunch but not having to dye eggs, decorate, do the prep, cook, and clean up will be worth it.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline hikerman

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 06:41:28 PM »
No cooking for me as well. We are going to the FIL's farm as my wife's clan will all be there. Usually around 40 for Easter.It's a great day to share a wonderful meal and catch up with everyone.

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 07:13:26 PM »
I gave up red meat for Lent, so my meal will be Pork tenderloin, BB ribs & Ham ::)r
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 07:28:02 PM »
I gave up red meat for Lent, so my meal will be Pork tenderloin, BB ribs & Ham ::)r

I gave up drinking all alcohol so I'll be loading the fridge with some beer in a day or two. Lol.......
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 09:43:38 AM »
For the first time this century SWMBO has decided to forego hosting her famous Easter Brunch. We're saving a bunch of time, money, and effort by not preparing the traditional ham, eggs benedict, au gratin potatoes, etc. for 20-25 people (not to mention the champagne we don't have to buy). Most of the savings, however, will be spent at the Moana Surfrider Hotel's almost equally famous brunch but not having to dye eggs, decorate, do the prep, cook, and clean up will be worth it.

Wow I thought we had more than 20 or 25 people on here ;) ;)  with Champagne... ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 09:55:30 AM »
My parents host and have a bunch of things, ham, baked potatoes, corn among the staples.  Antipasto is our big family thing, main meal is secondary. I am making a cold grilled veggie tray with balsamic drizzle, and for dessert cannolis.  Veggie tray is a crowd pleaser at the country club.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 08:31:27 PM »
The better half is making prime rib.  I don't know what else she's making,  it could be a rubber boot for all I care. She had me at prime rib :P
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!