Author Topic: I think I finally found what I was looking for.....  (Read 811 times)

Offline Ericd3043

I think I finally found what I was looking for.....
« Reply #-1 on: May 14, 2016, 11:24:14 PM »
I have been searching for a decent method to store all of my BBQ equipment in one area.  Until now, the utensils were in a couple of different places, including with the grill.  Wood chips and probes were in a cabinet.  Seasonings were in the kitchen.  Charcoal and fire equipment were in a couple of places.  Tools for fire tending, etc also were in other places.

I am not sure what others have done over the years.  I wanted something I could have in one place so if I was working outside, I could roll it out.  If we wanted to grill out with the family at a park, it would be easy transport.  I knew a tool box would be a good option, but with charcoal, I wanted something waterproof and deep enough to hold enough at one time.  I also wanted something that could keep a ready supply of my favorite seasonings .

Needless to say, it has been difficult to find what I was looking for (to the point, I was thinking of designing something).  I might still, but I found something that will work out.  I only got part of it , but next pay will see the other portion.

Bottom Portion - Rolling cart.  It is sturdy, well made and appears to be able to take some abuse.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-22-in-Pro-Gear-Cart-Black-222573/205441921

The middle section (what I purchased).  This sits on top of the rolling rack and has a way for them to interlock together.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-22-in-Pro-Tool-Box-Black-222570/205440481

There are 2 other options.  A smaller box with small compartments, but I am not sure if it would be necessary (gets pretty tall with the 3).  There is also an open basket.

What I like best is the fact that it is water and dust proof.  It features a rubber seal in the lid that seals it up.

Not sure it would work for others and if you have anything to recommend as essential items to include, let me know.

Offline Pappymn

I think I finally found what I was looking for.....
« on: May 15, 2016, 09:28:50 AM »
Great idea. My stuff is scattered as well
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: I think I finally found what I was looking for.....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »
That's funny...Wendy was "consolidating" a bunch of my gear yesterday afternoon.

That Ridgid stuff looks stout and appears it will do the job.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Ericd3043

Re: I think I finally found what I was looking for.....
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 04:12:11 PM »
I got the main section set up - it works out pretty well.  I will post pictures once I have it all up and running.