Author Topic: How many of you have ordered a SRF (or similar) Brisket?  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: How many of you have ordered a SRF (or similar) Brisket?
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 02:23:47 AM »
The Turtle ordered a SRF brisket and had it shipped to the Fall Gathering in Augusta several years ago.  It cooked way to fast.  Turtle almost did't get any because we were sampling it before he arrived.  He did get to sample it.  It was really good.  Very moist and tender.  The evaporation factor on that brisket was extremely high.

Art
Art, I was wondering if that was what we got from the turtle..the burn ends were fabulous tho.     .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »
I have purchased (ouch) and cooked many of those briskets in bbq competitions and do think they are usually better than the standard run of the mill pieces of meat. However, at the present time, Costco is selling their Prime briskets at a great price and I think they are just as good for way less money.

Dave

I have a Costco membership but around here I can never find prime briskets and the choice ones are not such a great deal even when they have those which is rare. A lot of flats, no packers. Since the SRF are graded higher than prime, I am expecting something wonderful. I hope it turns out well, success or failure.....I will post it!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Ericd3043

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 10:49:10 PM »
I am watching this thread carefully!  I have wanted to do a brisket but do want to mess up something that costs that much to do.  I am trying to convince my wife to sign me up for a Brisket class at a local BBQ supply place for my birthday.  It is a little more than the cost of the brisket, but will show you how to cook on the equipment (WSM, BGE, etc) and go over the finer points of cooking a brisket (then eating it, of course!)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 11:40:54 AM »
I can honestly say I have not a bad brisket cook. Of course everything else I do is hit or miss  :(

I just season. Make sure I have moisture in the pit. I start super early. I probe after the stall. I rest for a good two hours. Beefy goodness.

Just call The Smoke......The Brisket Whisperer  ;D  :D     Everything else...well its 50/50  :o
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32