Author Topic: Midnight "visitor" caught on my smoking porch eyeballing my Weber Summit!!!  (Read 2097 times)

Offline DWard51

Was about to head to bed last night when I heard someone clunking around by my Weber Summit grill on the smoking porch!!!  WTF!!!!!  So me and MR Glock flip on the light to greet the visitor and I caught him red handed eye balling my Weber Summit S-670 grill.

Been a while since I found one of these in the yard.  Seems like the armidillos have displaced them as the prime victim of roadkill so I figured they had moved on.  No, I did not bother him (other than to take the photo).

Offline hikerman

Granny Clampett would have gotten that grill going for a possum bake! :D

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
I had one a few nights ago. My dog had it cornered but finally got him in the house. I went back out with a flashlight and my pellet gun, shot it twice in the head and he did not move. I drew some blood so left it go. The next morning he was gone. Haven't seen a sign of it since. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
 I clubbed one with my cut off shovel handle a couple weeks back...  Now I've found something worse. A stray cat with kittens in my barn... 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline DWard51

Back in the day, we used to see 5 or 6 of these a night while driving around.  Not any more.  It's been years since I've seen a live one.

There was a time in my wayward youth (back before color television and before UHF if that gives you a time reference), that we used to snag these by the tail and toss them in a burlap bag.  The the decision of where to turn the sucker loose was the topic of debate.  One of my buddies let one go in the back door of the local drive in diner.  That was interesting to watch!!!!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
I bet his buddies had the engine running with the tailgate down  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline RandyG

Somebody looks hungry.

Offline DWard51

Somebody looks hungry.

Nothing to eat though.  I had grilled some sausage for dinner earlier and the smell was still around the grill even though I had cleaned the grates up.  And if he figured out how to lift the lid on the Summit, that's why I needed the Glock (Summit is thick stainless steel and heavy). 8)

No, he was not harmed.

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
I hate those critters! Get them in the yard once in a while either in or trying to get in the chicken pen. The dogs hate 'em and one has even hurt her leg chasing after it. Some have been relocated after being trapped.
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline TwoPockets

Possum can be good eating if cooked right.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware