Author Topic: I Have A Question For Parents/Grandparents  (Read 3473 times)

Offline KJRsmoker

Re: I Have A Question For Parents/Grandparents
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 10:14:16 AM »
Like everyone else has said, his eating habits are perfectly normal.  I have two daughters, 3 and 5, and their eating habits change on a continuing basis.  What they loved one day, they won't even touch the next day.  They loved pulled pork but won't touch ribs.  I just ride the wave with them.
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline hikerman

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 12:15:57 PM »
I think a lot of kids'  eating habits stem from peer pressure. Example: When our daughters were in the 9 to 14 age, they would not eat sausage per se, they would say it's gross, ewww! But they would eat hot dogs, pepparoni, salami, and bologna.....all sausages! Go figure! :D
Fortunately now they both eat healthy, which at one time never thought would happen!  ;)

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 01:55:48 PM »
Boy the stories I could tell about my two kids and their very non-typical food likes/dislikes as they grew up...

Here are just a couple:

While growing up, try to get either one of my kids to eat things most kids would love, and no way.  But let me saute up some oysters in a little butter, and they'd fight over them.  They'd also go nuts over Brussels sprouts, which most kids hate!

My son loved (and still loves) fruit.  My wife actually made him a Fruit Bat costume for Halloween one year.  He used to that bat costume on, eat some fruit and then go lay on the floor in front of the couch, with his legs up on the couch, pretending to be hanging up-side-down, like a bat!

My son has always liked Louisiana style hot sauce on ANYTHING.  My wife would make spaghetti, but did he want marinara sauce? NO!  It was pasta drenched in hot sauce for him!  He is still that way!

My Daughter, when she was real little, would take a green olive, stick it  in her mouth and make the most horrid face from the bitter & salty flavor. She'd tense up, gritting her teeth and shaking her little head as if she was eating the worst thing on earth. Then she'd swallow the olive and ask for more!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68