Author Topic: Anniversary Dinner Recap  (Read 853 times)

Offline Ericd3043

Anniversary Dinner Recap
« Reply #-1 on: September 26, 2016, 08:26:56 PM »
Well, without Photobucket, the pictures from the cook just will not post.  I will try again and edit this tomorrow if I can get them to download.

For the 20th anniversary, we had our oldest 2 head off to camp. The younger 2 stayed at different friend's houses.  My oldest made the comment "There better not be any frisky business!"  To which I replied, "You are all gone, of course there will be frisky business!!"  Needless to say, she was really embarrassed!

Spent most of the day cooking - dinner was at 6pm so I had to time it to make it all work on time.

The menu:
Ribeye Steaks, .75 lbs each
Sweet Potatoes (in the oven)
Homemade Cornbread
Lemon pepper as well as spicy coconut and Lime shrimp (2 varieties)
Roasted Broccoli

Steak:

Did a dry brine for the steaks - first time I had tried this technique.  Overall, turned out well but just a tad too salty.  Let it sit for 4 hours, then come to room temp before putting on indirect heat.  Got it to rare temp, basted it with some "beef Love" (basically just melted suet) and then seared it to get some good char marks on it.

Homemade Corn Bread:

In the cast iron - came out pretty well.  It was slightly underdone but the flavor was pretty good.  I had forgot to add the butter so I ended up pouring it on the batter while in the cast iron and trying to stir it in.  I think I overworked the batter because it was a little dense.  I will definitely be trying this again!

Shrimp:

I ended up buying the large shrimp (13-15 count) so I misjudged how long it would take to cook.  I did 2 flavors - Lemon Pepper and the Spicy Coconut and lime flavors.  To me, the soy sauce in the coconut shrimp was too strong and the coconut not enough.  My wife - absolutely loved them.  I was not a big fan, but then that does not really matter.  I will have to tweak it some though.

Roasted broccoli :

Nothing major about this - though, I again failed to follow directions.  I put the lemon juice on prior to roasting them.  They did not crisp up and were too much flavored with Lemon.  Again, my wife said she loved them (though I did notice she only ate a couple!)

Overall, cost was a lot less than I would have paid at a restaurant.  It took quite a bit of time, but it was worth it.  I did overestimate how much we would eat though - this was a lot of food!  Somehow, my wife found room for a little popcorn later on at the movie. 

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Anniversary Dinner Recap
« on: September 26, 2016, 08:30:26 PM »
Well, without Photobucket, the pictures from the cook just will not post.  I will try again and edit this tomorrow if I can get them to download.

For the 20th anniversary, we had our oldest 2 head off to camp. The younger 2 stayed at different friend's houses.  My oldest made the comment "There better not be any frisky business!"  To which I replied, "You are all gone, of course there will be frisky business!!"  Needless to say, she was really embarrassed!

Spent most of the day cooking - dinner was at 6pm so I had to time it to make it all work on time.

The menu:
Ribeye Steaks, .75 lbs each
Sweet Potatoes (in the oven)
Homemade Cornbread
Lemon pepper as well as spicy coconut and Lime shrimp (2 varieties)
Roasted Broccoli

Steak:

Did a dry brine for the steaks - first time I had tried this technique.  Overall, turned out well but just a tad too salty.  Let it sit for 4 hours, then come to room temp before putting on indirect heat.  Got it to rare temp, basted it with some "beef Love" (basically just melted suet) and then seared it to get some good char marks on it.

Homemade Corn Bread:

In the cast iron - came out pretty well.  It was slightly underdone but the flavor was pretty good.  I had forgot to add the butter so I ended up pouring it on the batter while in the cast iron and trying to stir it in.  I think I overworked the batter because it was a little dense.  I will definitely be trying this again!

Shrimp:

I ended up buying the large shrimp (13-15 count) so I misjudged how long it would take to cook.  I did 2 flavors - Lemon Pepper and the Spicy Coconut and lime flavors.  To me, the soy sauce in the coconut shrimp was too strong and the coconut not enough.  My wife - absolutely loved them.  I was not a big fan, but then that does not really matter.  I will have to tweak it some though.

Roasted broccoli :

Nothing major about this - though, I again failed to follow directions.  I put the lemon juice on prior to roasting them.  They did not crisp up and were too much flavored with Lemon.  Again, my wife said she loved them (though I did notice she only ate a couple!)

Overall, cost was a lot less than I would have paid at a restaurant.  It took quite a bit of time, but it was worth it.  I did overestimate how much we would eat though - this was a lot of food!  Somehow, my wife found room for a little popcorn later on at the movie.

Happy 20th that's a menu fit for a king & a queen enjoy
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 10:25:09 PM »
Eric-

You can still post photobucket photos by manually Copying & Pasting the [IMG] code into your post directly from your Photobucket account.

Here's a link with detailed instructions: How to Post PhotoBucket Pictures -  http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=2938.0
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 06:55:32 AM »
Happy Anniversary ! Tapatalk works great for posting pics! Just Sayin...
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline N. Ontario Smoker

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:22:01 AM »
The instructions are outdated with the new Photobucket changes. This is the way I do it.
Have your pictures on your computer or tablet where they are easy to find.
Go to Photobucket.
To the right of your name you will see a large UPLOAD button. Click on it.
A large menu will pop up with a CHOOSE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS highlighted. Click on it.
A new menu of your computer will pop up. Show it where you have stored the pictures.
It will default to that same spot every time you go on there now.
Hold your control key down on your computer and click on each picture you want to upload.
When you have them all, release the control key and click the OPEN button on the bottom right of your screen.
Now they will upload. If you have a lot or very high def photos it could take a while.
Now you should see thumbnails of your upload.
Up above them look for VIEW UPLOADS. (The left one of the three little boxes) Click on it.
Now you will see all of your pictures that you have uploaded.
Just move your mouse on to one of the pictures and 3 little lines will pop up in the top left of that picture.
Move your mouse to the 3 lines. A little dark menu will pop up. Click on SHARE.
Finally the last menu pops up. You want to click on IMG on the bottom right. It will copy that picture.
Come back to our site and wherever on your message you want to insert the picture, just put your cursor there and right click and say paste. Use preview to see if that is where you want it.
If you want to put pictures a row without typing any comments between them just click SHARE and IMG then PASTE for each picture individually one after another.
Hope this helps

"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for bad hunter.

Fred