Author Topic: Thoughts on the Tappecue V2.0 VS ThermoWorks Smoke  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Savannahsmoker

Thoughts on the Tappecue V2.0 VS ThermoWorks Smoke
« Reply #-1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:07:54 PM »
I am very interested on the forum's thoughts and experience pertaining to Tappecue V2.0 - 4 Probe WiFi BBQ Thermometer with Mobile Apps and the ThermoWorks Smoke Wireless Pro.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline hikerman

Re: Thoughts on the Tappecue V2.0 VS ThermoWorks Smoke
« on: October 26, 2016, 10:28:58 PM »
Art, I have no experience with either product,  but I have been sniffing around the Smoke unit. And no experience with any Tappecue product, but I do have several ThermoWorks devices. They work perfectly as expected. If they didn't,  ThermoWorks would make good on it. Their quality, and  people-friendly service are old school. And as we all know, that is rare anymore, sadly!

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:57:39 PM »
Art I have a Tappecue and it is great but requires a wi-fi connection to work. The Thermoworks units connect directly to each other.

The Tappecue allows more probes and the ability to check your temps anywhere there is an internet connection. And other people can monitor your cooks to with a link you can provide them.

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 09:42:15 AM »
Good info and thanks.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:43:42 AM by Savannahsmoker »
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline Wingman

• Central Maine
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 04:17:08 PM »
I have wanted a wifi thermometer set up for a long time but because of their price I settled for a Maverick ET-73 and last year an Igrill2 which I really like.  So while it is great for when I'm in my home or nearby it doesn't help me when I'm across the road in the garden, screen house, or garage.  So what to do?  Well, I also happen to have a few webcams so what I have is a wifi thermometer by proxy.  I set my thermometer receivers (old iPhone for the Igrill2) on the table and set an IP camera on the table aimed at them.  I now have wifi thermometers for a heck of a lot less money than the dedicated wifi units.  You might have a similar situation, and if not you can get an IP camera pretty cheap.  Just an idea.
"You will thank us for smoking."

Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Spirit E310
Weber Performer Premium
MAK 1 Star #184
Bradley OBS #968,312

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 07:42:29 PM »
I have wanted a wifi thermometer set up for a long time but because of their price I settled for a Maverick ET-73 and last year an Igrill2 which I really like.  So while it is great for when I'm in my home or nearby it doesn't help me when I'm across the road in the garden, screen house, or garage.  So what to do?  Well, I also happen to have a few webcams so what I have is a wifi thermometer by proxy.  I set my thermometer receivers (old iPhone for the Igrill2) on the table and set an IP camera on the table aimed at them.  I now have wifi thermometers for a heck of a lot less money than the dedicated wifi units.  You might have a similar situation, and if not you can get an IP camera pretty cheap.  Just an idea.

Great idea! I like to use what I've got first too. ;)