Author Topic: Well, she's broken in...and I'm in love!!!  (Read 2329 times)

Offline rwalters

Well, she's broken in...and I'm in love!!!
« Reply #-1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »
Received my new 2 Star last week. It's been a crazy week, we moved into a new home, only to be topped off with my wife breaking her shoulder.  With things calm this morning... the inaugural cook could not have gone any better. St Louis spares, low n slow for 7 hours. Spritzed every hour w/ cider vinegar and apple juice. Finished off with MAK's own Rum Sauce. Oh my!!! Even our PICKY lil one was lovin' lunch today :)

MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline tomcrete1

Re: Well, she's broken in...and I'm in love!!!
« on: March 19, 2017, 05:04:43 PM »
Awesome! Hope your Wife is doing Okay, Those pics of the little one are priceless! Congrats!  :thumbup:
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »
Wishes for a speedy recovery for the Mrs. That is not good timing for you and her I am sure....
The food looks awesome - and you are going to LOVE the 2 Star!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:17:05 PM »
Also hoping for a speedy recovery, ribs look fantastic  ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 05:28:07 PM »
Ribs look good and pretty baby   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 05:48:20 PM »
Fantastic looking ribs and prayers sent that your wife makes a fast recovery!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline hikerman

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 07:08:46 PM »
Let's see, congratulations on your new cooker, wishing for a quick recovery for your wife's shoulder and kick a$$ ribs!
You've had a rollercoaster ride this week!

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »
Love the pictures and that little one put a smile back on my face.
Thanks for posting them.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 08:05:40 PM »
Received my new 2 Star last week. It's been a crazy week, we moved into a new home, only to be topped off with my wife breaking her shoulder.  With things calm this morning... the inaugural cook could not have gone any better. St Louis spares, low n slow for 7 hours. Spritzed every hour w/ cider vinegar and apple juice. Finished off with MAK's own Rum Sauce. Oh my!!! Even our PICKY lil one was lovin' lunch today :)

See, now I'm  wavering.  Based on comments here, and other forums, I had just about decided to give up on spritzing.

Now I see your results, and I'm thinking of giving it another shot and hoping for your result ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline rwalters

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 08:26:49 PM »

See, now I'm  wavering.  Based on comments here, and other forums, I had just about decided to give up on spritzing.

Now I see your results, and I'm thinking of giving it another shot and hoping for your result ! ! !

BD
Why give up on spritzing? I didn't wrap these ribs during the cook. I do not like dry ribs and I do not like wrapping (lazy). Spritzing pretty much guarantees a moist end product IMO.
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 08:29:43 PM »

BD
Why give up on spritzing? I didn't wrap these ribs during the cook. I do not like dry ribs and I do not like wrapping (lazy). Spritzing pretty much guarantees a moist end product IMO.

I like to spritz with apple juice - no cider. May try the cider add...what ratio do you like?
And...Something else that is a little "trick" is to spray a very light amount of Pam on them. The oil helps to slow evaporate of water moisture - or so it seems.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 08:33:29 PM »

I hadn't totally given up, and you have renewed my desire to pull that spritzer out of the closet ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline rwalters

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 09:09:45 PM »

BD

I like to spritz with apple juice - no cider. May try the cider add...what ratio do you like?
And...Something else that is a little "trick" is to spray a very light amount of Pam on them. The oil helps to slow evaporate of water moisture - or so it seems.

Was probably 1 part cider vinegar to 9 parts apple juice.

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
That color is awesome
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Subvet

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 02:30:04 PM »

BD

tee, how often do you spray with Pam?

RWalters, that is one precious sweetie! Best wishes for your wife's quick recovery.
-- Ron --
The Good One Open Range Smoker/Grill
Grilla OG
Weber Genesis III
Weber 22"  Master Touch Kettle
Grill Grates
Vortex (Medium)
Slow 'n Sear
Drip 'n Grill