Author Topic: GoPro  (Read 1187 times)

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
GoPro
« Reply #-1 on: July 05, 2017, 06:57:00 AM »
I been looking at the new GoPro Hero 5. Yeah hefty  $$. Just wondering if anyone has one of the 5s or 4s and if so how do you like it.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: GoPro
« on: July 05, 2017, 09:08:57 AM »
I been looking at the new GoPro Hero 5. Yeah hefty  $$. Just wondering if anyone has one of the 5s or 4s and if so how do you like it.

I have one Rick! I have the GoPro Hero 5. I think it is a good action camera, BUT, if I had to do it over again I would buy the GoPro Hero 4 Black or Silver. The 5 takes good movies but the sound sucks. It also has an "unadvertised" problem of the LCD screen goes out for no particular reason. GoPro denies it is a problem but there are lots of incidences of this happening. In fact I sent mine in for a replacement a week ago for that reason. It was working great and all of a sudden the LCD screen quit on me. The GoPro still works as you can see the front screen and it will shoot video but without the LCD screen as far as I am concerned it is worthless. You could probably use the GoPro app to shoot movies without the LCD but it is buggy and it connects only part of the time with the Hero 5. Plus without the rear LCD you can't get in and change your settings so it can be reviewed on the app. Right now my plans are when I get the new is to probably sell it and look for a Hero 4. Bottom line is I wouldn't buy it again.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 09:22:16 AM »
Are you sure the 4 doesn't have the same type of issues?
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 10:01:58 AM »
Are you sure the 4 doesn't have the same type of issues?

Not confirmed. I do know that the 4 has excellent sound and I haven't seen any other issues posted. Not saying there isn't problems, but none to my knowledge.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe

Offline nepas

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 07:34:09 AM »
Thanks

I guess i have some research to do yet
Flint

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 08:57:46 AM »
Dang!
All this time I have been thinking that the GoPro had no sound input. Can you add a mic?

I'll have to do more research, too.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 09:51:54 AM »
Dang!
All this time I have been thinking that the GoPro had no sound input. Can you add a mic?

I'll have to do more research, too.

Expensive option for the GoPro Hero 5 as it needs an adapter for an external microphone. On the Hero 4's there is a microphone input.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe

Offline nepas

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 12:19:33 AM »
So reading what y'all said about the 5 i decided to look for the GP4. Hard to find as they are being discontinued. I went to Best B and looked at the 5. The guy there asked what im going to be doing. Told him just for sausage making, smoking stuff. He said you dont need the 4 or 5 for that. I would recommend the GP Hero session with the head and clip setup and you will save $250 and get great results. Do get a micro sd card from 64 to 128mb sandisk or lexar. What pc do you have? I have a macbook air. He said you may want to get a sd/usb card reader for your mac. And maybe an extra battery. I pick it up tomorrow.
Flint