Author Topic: Maple Smoked Brats  (Read 337 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
Maple Smoked Brats
« Reply #-1 on: July 09, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »

Many people grill their brats with delicious results but I'm the kind of guy who prefers to smoke my brats for that little extra flavor. Just got a hold of some cookinPellets Premium 100% Sweet Maple pellets and decided to test out the pellets. Glad I did cause the Maple pellets produced a very clean blue smoke and infused a hint of sweetness to the brats but the best part was how juicy the brats turned out - nothing wrong with a beautiful smoke ring ... Yes, they tasted as good as they look!!

Smoked the brats in my GMG Davy Crockett at 225ºF until they reached an internal temperature of 160ºF. Only took about an hour to smoke them. The next time you smoke something at 225ºF you might want to throw on some brats on the side ... they make great appetizers while waiting for the main course.

These were Costco Kirkland brand brats but my guess is that Johnsonville provides these brats for them. To me they look and taste identical.

I have to admit that this method of smoking brats tends to dry out the outer skin but that just help to retain the juices. When you bite into one of these you'll experience that WOW factor!

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline KJRsmoker

Re: Maple Smoked Brats
« on: July 09, 2018, 01:27:02 PM »
Looks good.  I usually boil my brats in beer for an hour before finishing them on the grill.  I will definitely be trying this method.
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Maple Smoked Brats
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 04:41:22 PM »
Brats look delicious! Will have to try on one of my pellet grills.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles