Author Topic: Time To Get Your Butts Off The couch  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Agustine

Time To Get Your Butts Off The couch
« Reply #-1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:10:19 PM »
All I been reading is low carb this and heart attack that. Man people get outside and enjoy what we have. The world is full of healthy things to get you back in shape. What ever happened to the good old days??

Don't hide out just because the days are getting shorter and colder. Depression levels peak in the fall with the busy stressful holiday season, lack of vitamin D, and supposed lack of things to do. Don't let it get you down this year. here's some ideas of what you can do to keep busy this season.

1.) Go on a lunch date - try something new!

2.) Take a Hike - Fall is perfect hiking season! No bugs and its not too hot. Just be cautious of the changing weather, shorter daylight hours and slippery terrain. Wear some Orange just in case.

3.) Go Hunting - Not into killing things? Shoot them with your camera instead.

4.) Game Night - Find a Board Game and Get together face to face with some friends for a LOL good time.

5.) Christmas Shopping - Get it done early for a change and save the stress! Bonus Points if you handmake something yourself or buy an experience instead of an material item (ski hill passes, movie tickets, etc.)

6.) Catch some waves - Lake Superior and the ocean  puts on quite the show this time of year.

7.) Do some Baking - it'll warm your soul and your home :)

8.) Get Healthy - join a gym class or start a new routine. Jumpstart your new years resolution and be healthy and happy through the season changes. Enjoy that Christmas feast guilt free!

9.) Get Creative - Pick up a brush, or brush up on your music lessons. Find your inspiration, visit a gallery or concert.

10.) Find a good Book - Nothing beats curling up with a page turner you don't want to put down on those chilly nights. Turn off the Netflix and Keep your brain active instead.

11.) Go out and take your camera and get pictures like this.

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Time To Get Your Butts Off The couch
« on: October 21, 2018, 09:35:12 PM »
We have the Mariners Trail that runs from Manitowac to Two Rivers.  About 5.5 miles. One day Wendy and I are going to be able to walk it.

Great advice. God has given us a wonderful world to enjoy.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 10:48:41 PM »
Awesome post :thumbup: :thumbup:
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 05:14:52 AM »
Wow you have life figured out op. Thanks for laying out the guide to happiness. I know something you missed . Go screw yourself
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 08:05:25 AM »
Bookmarked...

Great tips on beating the blues and staying in shape.
Deb encourages me to take a hike now and then.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 12:20:21 PM »
  Well, I joined the gym. Since the days are about to get short I decided that would be a good thing to do instead of sitting at home whining about the dark.
  With so many friends having issues  and then when I went to a jobsite the other day I was short of breath going up stairs... I figured I better get to it.

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 01:27:55 PM »
All I been reading is low carb this and heart attack that...

There are those of us who, for medical reasons (myself included), actually NEED to eat a low-carb diet.  I actually DO get outside, quite often to enjoy what we have. I am an avid outdoorsman, but I also have Diabetes and react to the typical meds, so I HAVE to eat low-carb in order to stay off the medicine.  There are others here who also have found many health benefits to a low-carb lifestyle.

So, until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, you may want to think about treading just a little lighter here!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Agustine

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »

There are those of us who, for medical reasons (myself included), actually NEED to eat a low-carb diet.  I actually DO get outside, quite often to enjoy what we have. I am an avid outdoorsman, but I also have Diabetes and react to the typical meds, so I HAVE to eat low-carb in order to stay off the medicine.  There are others here who also have found many health benefits to a low-carb lifestyle.

So, until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, you may want to think about treading just a little lighter here!

Well sorry for trying to lighten things up a tad around here.
I will just go crawl into my hole again and see you next spring.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 03:33:28 PM »

Well sorry for trying to lighten things up a tad around here.
I will just go crawl into my hole again and see you next spring.

Augustine - with out the use of emojis - or you clearly letting someone know you are joking - we CAN NOT tell what your mental state is by reading text on a keyboard.
So, if your perceived threat is to "take your toys and run home" - so be it. We are here to NOT ad stress NOT try to judge others for what they et or how. And - most importantly - HOW we talk to one another is at least as important as HAT is being said....Practice that and all will go well. Do not ignore me on this. I have had enough.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Agustine

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 04:53:44 PM »
If he thinks his problems are any worse then anyone else on this forum he is mistaken. We all have our share of health problems but I don't but them out to the forum members to make a point. His post was out of line and made me feel like I did something wrong when all I wanted to do was suggest to get out and do things in the fall time.
This forum seems to have a little click and I am done with you guys.
Thanks for having me but good bye

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 05:37:00 PM »
This forum is a place where if your ship of life hits rough waters we are here to listen and to offer suggestions, to help or just be there for someone.

Since you do not feel this way, don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on your way out the door..............

We have plenty of room here on the forum for compassion and understanding, you obviously do not fit in round here...............

Yeah, I am a moderator, but I said it anyways ............................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 06:07:52 PM »
Oh and one more thing, my wife Wendy is a nurse and I eat more green leafy things now than I thought ever existed.

You do what you got to do to be healthy and be here for more time with more of a quality of life.

A heart attack is a very scary thing and sometimes it makes you feel better when throwing it out there and get positive feedback from your forum brothers and sisters.

We are all here not to just post great brisket cooks, we are here for everyone good or bad.......cooking or everyday life, we are family here.......

OK, off of my soap box, but my hide is really chaffed right now from all of this................. >:(
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline 4cornersmoker

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »
All I been reading is low carb this and heart attack that. Man people get outside and enjoy what we have. The world is full of healthy things to get you back in shape. What ever happened to the good old days??

Don't hide out just because the days are getting shorter and colder. Depression levels peak in the fall with the busy stressful holiday season, lack of vitamin D, and supposed lack of things to do. Don't let it get you down this year. here's some ideas of what you can do to keep busy this season.

1.) Go on a lunch date - try something new!

2.) Take a Hike - Fall is perfect hiking season! No bugs and its not too hot. Just be cautious of the changing weather, shorter daylight hours and slippery terrain. Wear some Orange just in case.

3.) Go Hunting - Not into killing things? Shoot them with your camera instead.

4.) Game Night - Find a Board Game and Get together face to face with some friends for a LOL good time.

5.) Christmas Shopping - Get it done early for a change and save the stress! Bonus Points if you handmake something yourself or buy an experience instead of an material item (ski hill passes, movie tickets, etc.)

6.) Catch some waves - Lake Superior and the ocean  puts on quite the show this time of year.

7.) Do some Baking - it'll warm your soul and your home :)

8.) Get Healthy - join a gym class or start a new routine. Jumpstart your new years resolution and be healthy and happy through the season changes. Enjoy that Christmas feast guilt free!

9.) Get Creative - Pick up a brush, or brush up on your music lessons. Find your inspiration, visit a gallery or concert.

10.) Find a good Book - Nothing beats curling up with a page turner you don't want to put down on those chilly nights. Turn off the Netflix and Keep your brain active instead.

11.) Go out and take your camera and get pictures like this.

I think that Augustine had some very valid points.
And sometimes when you get outside you need to do more than eat BBq & drink beer.
The last 3 days i have hiked 8 miles scouting for hunting season. I'm 61 years old.
For us who chose a healthyier life style, we dont have to apologize to no one.
As far as I'm concerned words of wisdon to live by. Its worked for me so far. And I take no meds.
Oh & by the way my 86 year old dad walks his dog over a mile every day. And he lives alone too.
Confusius say: You have to eat to live not live to eat.
18.8 Weber one touch, 22.5 Weber Performer,18.5 WSM, Weber go anywhere, smoky joe Bronc smoker, med green egg, & PBC. Hasty Bake 414, The Good One Open Range.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »
I also think his post for the most part was positive and had some really great suggestions.

Unfortunately the way the post started was offensive to some.

I am going to lock this thread.

I feel all that has been said and maybe I might have said too much earlier......

Time to move on...................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 09:41:23 PM »
If he thinks his problems are any worse then anyone else on this forum he is mistaken. We all have our share of health problems but I don't but them out to the forum members to make a point. His post was out of line and made me feel like I did something wrong when all I wanted to do was suggest to get out and do things in the fall time.
This forum seems to have a little click and I am done with you guys.
Thanks for having me but good bye

For the record: WE have NO "clicks" or even any cliques.....What we DO have is a sense of respect for others. That you choose to not take responsibility for the insensitive nature of your comments or offer an apology for any offenses - and in fact - choose to blame someone that was insulted by your insensitive criticism ( without any knowledge of WHAT others may be going through) clearly marks your choice to exit LTBBQ. Permanently. . You were warned. So, let me help you. You are banned now. You were warned earlier in this thread by teesquare - yet you chose to defend your actions rather than think.
It frustrates me that I even have to type this publicly - but I believe in transparency in how we do things on LTBBQ.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401