Author Topic: Forum Editor issues  (Read 754 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
Forum Editor issues
« Reply #-1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:16:32 PM »
Is it just me or is anyone else having an issue with the Editor when replying to a post and/or a new post? At letstalkbbq.com I do not see the normal options that have always been there. I see the following:

I should be seeing what I've always seen - just like on letstalklowcarb.com

I've been using Firefox for ever without an issue and as you can see above, letstalklowcarb.com is working fine but not letstalkbbq.com

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
Re: Forum Editor issues
« on: March 08, 2019, 04:43:26 PM »
This is already being looked into.  It is a side effect of our forum now being secured with SSL (look at the address you will see it's now https:).

So hang tight while I try to get this figured out!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:46:55 PM »
  I see everything I should.  However when I open your thread my security blocks the site every time.  I tested others and don't see the same issue.

My I Phone and I Pad always say the entire site is unsafe... Don't know why but that started a while back after some site changes were made. I've never had a problem 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 04:58:31 PM »
I believe it is now fixed. 

If anyone is still having security issues PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Cliff
<><
Member #68

Offline RAD

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 05:19:30 PM »
Looks good now
Love to cook and eat

Offline smoker pete

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 05:26:31 PM »
It's fixed ... Thanks for the quick response  :)
Char Broil SRG

Offline Hub

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 07:44:33 AM »
MalwareBytes jumped in and blocked www.smokinpetebbq.com for phishing.  Not too sure why.

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 11:22:11 AM »
MalwareBytes jumped in and blocked www.smokinpetebbq.com for phishing.  Not too sure why.

Hub
same here from PC with MB on it.  I-Pad is happy with site today.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline smoker pete

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 12:16:22 PM »
Hub

Not sure why MalwareBytes blocked www.smokinpetebbq.com for phishing cause that site is my blog that I've had for over 10 years. Ever since Photobucket changed their photo hosting policy I have been using my blog to host my photos for use with forums.

I think it's probably a MalwareBytes setting for the site where you have to tell the program that the site is not phishing. I have not heard of anyone else having any issues with the postings of my photos. But then, I don't think they're using MalwareBytes.

For example, is the following photo blocked also?

Char Broil SRG

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 12:30:23 PM »
Hub

Not sure why MalwareBytes blocked www.smokinpetebbq.com for phishing cause that site is my blog that I've had for over 10 years. Ever since Photobucket changed their photo hosting policy I have been using my blog to host my photos for use with forums.

I think it's probably a MalwareBytes setting for the site where you have to tell the program that the site is not phishing. I have not heard of anyone else having any issues with the postings of my photos. But then, I don't think they're using MalwareBytes.

Hi Pete,
I'm a malwarebytes user and I am experiencing the same thing. It won't let me visit your website at all, and all of your photos on this forum are blocked. It's been happening for a couple of weeks now.
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 01:33:18 PM »
Hub

Looks like meatloaf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smoker pete

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 01:47:53 PM »
Hub

Hi Pete,
I'm a malwarebytes user and I am experiencing the same thing. It won't let me visit your website at all, and all of your photos on this forum are blocked. It's been happening for a couple of weeks now.

Do me a favor and go into the MalwareBytes settings and see if you can tell it that my website is a trusted site. I have had my site for over 10 years without any problems ... now all of a sudden, people with MalwareBytes are seeing my site being blocked ...  Please let me know what happens - Thanks
Char Broil SRG

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 03:16:26 PM »
Do me a favor and go into the MalwareBytes settings and see if you can tell it that my website is a trusted site. I have had my site for over 10 years without any problems ... now all of a sudden, people with MalwareBytes are seeing my site being blocked ...  Please let me know what happens - Thanks
[/quote]

I added an exception in MalwareBytes settings, and now I see your pics here and I can visit your website. Not sure why it flags your website. If you need to troubleshoot further with your web host, I'll send you the MalwareBytes log in a private message.
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 04:41:17 PM »
My Malwarebytes gave me the same "phishing" warning. I added an exception and all is good now.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 11:32:46 AM »
Pete, what very well could be happening is if your website has a Dynamic I.P. (instead of a static I.P.)  then someone who had that I.P address before you could have been phishing or sending out spam and now that I.P address is flagged.

Your website host should be able to help you get this fixed and unflagged.

In the mean time,  I have scanned the actual downloaded Temporary Internet photo files from Pete's website (which get downloaded to everyone's computer who is veiwing them) with MalwareBytes and my antivirus program, and neither detects any actual malware whatsoever.

Cliff
<><
Member #68