Author Topic: Therapeutic Cooking  (Read 256 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Therapeutic Cooking
« Reply #-1 on: April 17, 2019, 06:58:57 PM »
In between "handling" things today in regards to my ailing father, I decided to cook. I am not as in tune as I once was when it comes to taking pictures. I didn't take any of me making the ice cream or making pasta, I didn't even take a picture of what my wife made her with the pasta but oh well. I can still tell you about it!

I made up some more Tagliatelle pasta (a BUNCH!!!!) and for myself, I made a large pot of Tagliatelle Bolognese. It took all afternoon but that's okay. I welcomed the distraction to be honest. My pasta consists of ground pork, ground chuck, tomato paste, chicken broth, salt and pepper, grated parm, butter, milk, onions, celery, carrots and last but not least, the Tagliatelle. It took about 4 hours to make it all. My wife made a grilled shrimp pasta dish, parm, spinach, fresh lemon juice, sauteed garlic. It was amazing as well. I figured since I was carbbing it up, why not have some ice cream??

I made a milk chocolate base last night, I used cocoa powder as well as melted Hershey's Kisses and some melted milk chocolate Ghiradelli morsels. It's a custard based ice cream and it's insanely good but a tad too rich, I'll make adjustments for the next round.

Here's what I have to offer, 2 pictures and they're not anywhere near magazine quality, lol. The pasta plate is messy because it was my second plate, lol.

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
Re: Therapeutic Cooking
« on: April 17, 2019, 07:26:56 PM »
Looks pretty d@mn good.  Do what you need to ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline Pappymn

Re: Therapeutic Cooking
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 07:52:35 PM »
Boy that looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy