Author Topic: NO BEEF at my local Costco!!  (Read 825 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
NO BEEF at my local Costco!!
« Reply #-1 on: May 11, 2020, 04:32:00 PM »
Just returned from shopping at my local Costco and I was shocked to find that there was absolutely NO BEEF available!! No steaks, roasts, hamburger, etc ... Zero, Nil, Zilch, Zippo ... My local Costco is in Manteca, CA - about 60 miles South of Sacramento.

There was chicken - whole @$0.99/lb, breasts, thighs, drumsticks. There was a limited amount of Butts, loins, but no ribs. Fresh seafood - wild caught and farmed.

I have read and heard stories about the issues that the meat industry is having but I didn't expect to see something this drastic. Especially since they said last week that in 7 to 10 days they should be back to 100% of productivity.

Fortunately, at my wife's insistence, we have about 4 months of vacuum sealed Beef, Pork, Poultry, and Seafood in my freezers so we're in good shape.

What's your Beef, Pork, Poultry, and Seafood situation around your area?
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline Ka Honu

Re: NO BEEF at my local Costco!!
« on: May 11, 2020, 05:23:56 PM »
We pretty much have everything at both supermarkets and big box stores but you might be limited on how much fresh (thawed) meat you can buy (one or two packages of beef, etc.).
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Roget

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 06:26:45 PM »
All of our Kroger stores ( five of them) seem to be fairly well stocked. Not overstocked as usual, but a decent supply of most things.
They all limit purchases of fresh meat to two items of each category.
Sam's club & Walmart both have slim amounts of all fresh meats. They also have limits.
The other markets ( a couple of Fresh Thyme stores, a couple of aldis & the like) seem to have a decent supply of most items.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 08:54:48 PM »
Costco in Pleasant Prairie, WI had very limited beef.  I went this past Saturday and got there right when they opened.  There was plenty of ground beef but only prime ribeyes, 2 chuck roasts, and that was about it.  No ribs but some pork butts and pork belly (which I grabbed to make bacon).  There was plenty of chicken.

The previous day I went to Sam's and they had a good supply of beef and pork.  I grabbed some baby backs to make Mother's Day ribs.  I hope the supply becomes consistent again.
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 01:25:55 PM »
My Costco had limited beef. Chicken has been the real issue at my store. And it's been going on awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 02:15:43 PM »
Very low on beef and most pork other then ribs both baby back and St.Louis and seems to be a good amount of turkey and chicken
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 02:20:56 PM »
My Costco had limited beef. Chicken has been the real issue at my store. And it's been going on awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are in the same boat.  Costco has not stocked any raw chicken in a good 2 months when I've been there, Always rotisserie available.  Limited beef pork and seafood. 

We sell a local butcher, and in talking with him they have run into a few issues here and there but have been able to use other sources to what they need. Grocery stores, last I went, had everything, but its been a few weeks since I last went there.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759