Author Topic: Batten down the Hatches Cajunate  (Read 679 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Batten down the Hatches Cajunate
« Reply #-1 on: October 28, 2020, 04:15:31 PM »

Nate, I think your in the Zeta target zone! Be safe ! I will truly be glad when this hurricane season is done.... 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: Batten down the Hatches Cajunate
« on: October 28, 2020, 08:30:40 PM »
Yes, he's been through enough with Katrina! Be safe my friend!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 09:08:31 PM »
  We are getting the east side tonight.  I am at work and the Emergency services in several cities have stopped responding now.  I've heard a few transformers blowing in the last 30 minutes.  We will probably be on generator soon.  At least this storm is moving fast and will be out of here by midnight.  Sally creeped through at 2 and 3 miles per hour all night long... Left tons of trees down which still aren't cleaned up yet.  Ripped off a large piece of my roof and drenched 60% of the inside of the house. Kerry stayed home that night. She was packed and ready to go today!
  This storm is supposed to push tropical force winds all the way to Georgia Tennessee line. I hope they are wrong about that... 

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 11:14:57 PM »
Be safe!!  We have both you and Kerry in our thoughts and prayers.

Art and Maureen
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 06:32:36 AM »
Parts of GA are going to get those high winds like you said. I am east of Atlanta and I haven't been outside yet. I haven't heard any high winds so hopefully it's missing me.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 07:29:41 AM »

Nate, I think your in the Zeta target zone! Be safe ! I will truly be glad when this hurricane season is done....

Thanks guys!
I believe we were on the very west side of the eye as about that time it was passing through the winds were crazy here. Neighbor across the street had part of a pine tree crash down on another neighbor's garage. I told her 4 months she should have had that tree removed but at least she had dead branches removed from the top.  I think we will need a new roof from the shingles I see in the yard. Power is out in probably 95 % of our parish but we are a few of the very lucky. We do however have no internet or cable.  I'll take that! I do hear a bunch of generators running in the neighborhood.
And would you believe that there's another area of disturbance near the Yucatan? SMH.....
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 10:16:56 AM »
We are experiencing high winds and rain here in the Piedmont of NC.  The winds are howling right now.  I'm expecting some smaller tree plantings to possibly get damaged.

Art

BE SAFE, EVERYONE!!
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 03:35:08 PM »
Glad you made it through safely.   No, I don't want to know there is another one in the yucatan ! 
  I got to go home about 9 this morning and things were OK there. A pile of debris from Sally had blown out in the road so I had to pick that back up.  Some how we were first on the list with the power company this morning so they had us back on quickly. 
  Kerry's daughter lives in Alabaster near Birmingham and they got hit pretty hard...

Offline RAD

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 08:51:10 PM »
Last night was really windy. I had to prop-up the fence I already propped-up after Sally and help neighbors fence too. But really glad it wasn't as bad. I hope to have a fence guy here in a couple of weeks. LA has been hammered this year, sorry to see that.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 06:16:45 AM »

We're good here! Got a lil roof damage here, and had a good amount of cleanup to do. Just got cable and internet back late Friday but getting on here has been somewhat of an issue.
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline Bill2112

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 07:30:18 AM »
Glad you ok, looking forward to some more great looking meals!