Author Topic: Health issues  (Read 1566 times)

Offline stalag

Health issues
« Reply #-1 on: March 28, 2021, 06:17:41 PM »
This is going to be a longer post but you all should know.  My friend here knows some of this but not all.  There are several points to be made.  And this should explain some of my absence from here.
1.  I was diagnosed with Autism and that was reconfirmed at the beginning of the year.  This is important as the massive changes due to Covid 19 has managed to trigger me and it took me from July 2020 until the end of November 2020 to reach a new equilibrium.
2.  At Thanksgiving I was exposed to Covid 19 and was off work for 3 weeks recovering from that.  I was still lagging when the following things happened.
3.  Skin split open and due to medical complications I was in the hospital for 3 days while the doctors gained control of the infection.  That healed up thankfully out of the hospital.
4.  Fell on the ice here at my home Jan 15th.  Femur cracked and in non weight bearing portion of the leg.  That was beginning to heal when I had the next thing happen.
5.  Sprained my knee Feb 4th and was unable to move in my abode.  Spent two stints in the hospital as a result and was on heavy opioids for 3 weeks.  At the end of the month of  February I pulled off of the opioids cold turkey.  That so messed me up that I have lost 40 pounds and look to continue the weight loss.  So much of the opioids are sequestered in my fat reserves that as I lose weight I feel absolutely lousy and if I don't work to lose the weight I feel awful in a different direction. 
6.  Decided to change as a result of point 5 as I don't want to deal with opioids any longer and a couple of other medical conditions that keep me in pain would resolve if I lost the weight.  So guess what!?  I have decided to make the change instead of living to eat using food to make me happy, I have decided that I must change to eat just enough to survive and get rid of the weight.  This will be a long journey, but at this point I have no choice.  The 40 pounds above is only the beginning of the amount that needs to go.
Note point 1 above.  It is incredibly difficult to get me to change direction and habits due to the way I handle life.  These changes are due to catastrophic experiences that have forced me to change and reevaluate everything I have done.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Health issues
« on: March 28, 2021, 08:20:56 PM »
First: Sorry to hear of all your troubles Kevin. Seriously - what a tough time you have had.

Second - I admire your strength and commitment GOOD FOR YOU. Stay encouraged. If anyone in your life has a negative effect....push them back for a while - and handle your business. It is YOUR LIFE and YOUR HEALTH that should take precedent until you re-secure those.

Third: There are MANY here that are thinking  of , and praying for you. I know this without taking a poll - or even asking. So, keep us in the loop on your journey. Think of what power you now posses - to help influence others as you improve your health thru weight loss.

Agape -
T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 09:43:15 PM »
Ash As I read your post I was thinking, "This guy is strong."

You've come a long way.  I can tell that you'll finish strong.

EDIT:  Corrected an Autocorrect word (you can see it).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 09:32:39 AM by pmillen »
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 02:58:17 AM »
Kevin, as Tim said, "there are many here that are thinking of, and praying for you".

As pmillen said, "This guy is strong". "And I can tell that you'll finish strong".

Larry The Cable Guy says "GIT-R-DONE".

What I say is that we are all your friends and we will be here for you. Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:21:25 AM by IR2dum »

Offline stalag

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 10:32:46 AM »
I did not know I was that tough......don't feel like it......Thanks guys for the kind words.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 12:16:51 PM »
Wow, you been through the ringer for sure.  Your mind seems made up so you will do great. 

One thing I have found after 22 surgeries is stay positive, if you don't it gets to you quick.

best to ya' we are here for you :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline stalag

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 07:19:43 PM »
Good news.  I am returning to work Monday April 5th.  Doctor said that I am healing well.   Soft tissues are still tender and bruised but the knee sprain is resolved and the bone break healed!!!!!!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 07:55:24 AM »
Good news.  I am returning to work Monday April 5th.  Doctor said that I am healing well.   Soft tissues are still tender and bruised but the knee sprain is resolved and the bone break healed!!!!!!
great news for sure
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Lines

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 08:52:52 AM »
Stalag,
First off, may God be with you in your challenge. You will succeed!
That is the first positive thing that I have heard coming from this COVID crap.
Hang in there man!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 11:15:11 AM »
You have been thru a long journey.   I hope you continue to gain strength and heal .  Good thoughts coming your way from Washington buddy.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 09:54:14 PM »
It sounds like you've had a very tough time. I am not sure I would have faced it with the same fortitude.
It seems that your situation is about to straighten out.
Please know that all of us are here to encourage you as you take these next steps toward a more normal life.

God bless you, sir!
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 08:24:26 PM »
I will pray for you Kevin God bless you!
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline stalag

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 10:14:31 PM »
I am happy to report that I was able to get groceries and haul garbage to the dumpster without issue today.  My leg has healed enough I can do if I am careful all the things before my accident on Jan 15th.  Don't break that leg then get a knee sprain on top of the broken bone.  It sucks to hurt bad!!!!!  Glad it is over!

Offline stalag

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2021, 10:16:27 PM »
It sounds like you've had a very tough time. I am not sure I would have faced it with the same fortitude.
It seems that your situation is about to straighten out.
Please know that all of us are here to encourage you as you take these next steps toward a more normal life.

God bless you, sir!

Thanks for you and the others who have written words of encouragement.  If anyone here needs cheered up, please reach out.  There are people who have been through things that will help if we know about it.  I am willing to do my part in this.

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 11:43:57 AM »
We are all glad you are on the mend. God Bless you!
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill