Author Topic: Bored with BBQ, need ideas  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Old Dave

• Wood & Charcoal is the only Fuel
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
Re: Bored with BBQ, need ideas
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2021, 10:13:28 AM »
Hey, Dave (and Jan), I use fresh pig guts that they sell at a local meat market close to me. I'm not sure what size they are, but I stuff them with a coarse grind to a little over 1 inch diameter. There are no other spices or cures in the mix, but I do add a little extra beef fat to make them really juicy (and greasy). They go on the smoker immediately after stuffing. I got this sausage recipe from the pitmaster at Smitty's in Lockhart, TX while I was waiting for teesquare to show up for dinner. The hot links are really not too hot or peppery even though they are called hot guts.

If you might remember, I brought a bunch of the original links to the Augusta Gathering two or three different times. I think that you were there at least one of those years.

Don, thanks for the information . Looking forward to trying this recipe.
Old Dave
Ribs & Bibs Competition Cooking Team

3 Backwoods--3 Big Green Eggs--2 Char-Broils
1 Cobb--1 Original Fast Eddy Pellet Cooker
1 Traeger & 2 Green Mountain Pellet Cookers
1 Genuswine Rotisserie Smoker--2 Hasty Bakes
1 Orion Cooker--6 Webers--Several Homebuilts

Offline hd002

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 08:29:11 AM »
I have a 16# brisket in the fridge that I will be doing on the Bullseye in a week or two. I am going to try to inject it with beef fat part way thru the cook at 110 internal , has anyone tried this?
Harry Soo gave it the thumbs up in one of his latest test videos with Beef Tallow.
This thread made me think of Harrys videos and maybe he is bored ,but I love watching his different brisket test .

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 04:21:57 PM »
I have a 16# brisket in the fridge that I will be doing on the Bullseye in a week or two. I am going to try to inject it with beef fat part way thru the cook at 110 internal , has anyone tried this?
Harry Soo gave it the thumbs up in one of his latest test videos with Beef Tallow.
This thread made me think of Harrys videos and maybe he is bored ,but I love watching his different brisket test .

RG tried this recently but I'm not sure if he reported on the results.

https://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=24732.0

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2021, 06:47:38 PM »

RG tried this recently but I'm not sure if he reported on the results.

https://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=24732.0

I'm about to :)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!