Author Topic: For the Buc-ee's fans out there  (Read 1420 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
For the Buc-ee's fans out there
« Reply #-1 on: June 23, 2021, 12:31:52 PM »
 Buc-ees to build the world's largest convenience Store!

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Weeks after announcing the first Buc-ee’s location in Tennessee, company officials announced the largest Buc-ee’s Family Travel Center they have ever built is coming to the state.

The first details for the development that would include the Buc-ee’s location were announced Tuesday by Kituwah, LLC, a company owned by the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians. A 74,000-square-foot flagship Buc-ee’s Family Travel Center, complete with 120 fueling positions, EV charging stations and a car wash over 250 feet long, will anchor what is to be a 200-acre development planned for Exit 407 in Sevierville, Tennessee.

According to the Buc-ee’s website, the store would surpass the Buc-ee’s Family Travel Center in New Braunfels, Texas, as the world’s largest convenience store.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Re: For the Buc-ee's fans out there
« on: June 23, 2021, 01:44:24 PM »
Terry, we Texans now feel betrayed by Buc-ees. Everything is bigger in Texas and since Buc-ees is a Texas company and tradition, we should have the pleasure of having the biggest store. Tim should be embarrassed that Buc-ees is owned by an Aggie that betrayed us Texans. I was OK with Buc-ees building their first out-of-state store next to your house and I was OK with Buc-ees building their second out-of-state store next to Jaxon's house, but I question the largest in Tennessee. I know those people on their way to Gatlinburg and the Smokey Mountains need Beaver Nuggets, but Texas needs the largest.

By the way, I'm just kidding. Everybody needs to experience a Buc-ees sometime in your life.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 01:50:26 PM »
One opened a few miles from my house about two years ago.  I have been there a number of times, but honestly the novelty isn't quite the same for me when it isn't visiting one on a long road trip.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 02:00:06 PM »
Terry, we Texans now feel betrayed by Buc-ees. Everything is bigger in Texas and since Buc-ees is a Texas company and tradition, we should have the pleasure of having the biggest store. Tim should be embarrassed that Buc-ees is owned by an Aggie that betrayed us Texans. I was OK with Buc-ees building their first out-of-state store next to your house and I was OK with Buc-ees building their second out-of-state store next to Jaxon's house, but I question the largest in Tennessee. I know those people on their way to Gatlinburg and the Smokey Mountains need Beaver Nuggets, but Texas needs the largest.

By the way, I'm just kidding. Everybody needs to experience a Buc-ees sometime in your life.
Don,  I think their Ex's live in Texas!  ;D
   I don't go over there often but I do make special trips now and then to get the frozen pork loins stuffed with Shrimp/crawfish. Those things are great.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 08:20:38 PM »
First of all, we love Buc-ee's.  Our experience the last time in TEXAS was great.  Everything they claim about their bathrooms is TRUE!!  The foods there are all fantastic.  The kolaches (both sweet and savory) are out of this world!!

Having said that, my wife was ecstatic about Buc-ee's coming close to her alma mater, the University of Tennessee.  Just another reason to visit Knoxville.

Art (and Maureen)
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 09:05:25 PM »
1. I will write my Congressman and convey the complaint Don. I think it's valid. And.....I believe they will build a larger one in Texas next. 8)

2. In fact...all my ex's DO live in Texas.....
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 09:21:47 PM »
Just another reason to visit Knoxville.

I'm not all that sure there's any reason at all to visit Knoxville other than to visit Buc-ee's.

...all my ex's DO live in Texas....

Hmm.. I actually have one prit'near Knoxville. I wonder if that has anything to do with my response to Art.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion