Author Topic: Back in the saddle!  (Read 1327 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Back in the saddle!
« Reply #-1 on: June 26, 2021, 04:14:32 PM »
It's been quite a LONG time since I have had company over to cook for. Today is the day! I feel a little out of my element as I haven't done this in so long but I am enjoying it anyway! I have been up since a little before 3:00am smoking a butt on the KBQ. I put ribs on the new pellet pooper at about 11:00. I did some prep work yesterday. I made some sauce for the ribs, made red potato salad and some coleslaw. I, along with my wife, made up 40 ABTs. I soaked some beans over night and made a pot of baked beans with brisket. Jalapeno Bacon Mac & Cheese was brought home by my son, he made it at work (although not enough, we had to make more to add to it!).

Ribs are about to be unwrapped, ABTs have been on a little bit, butt is almost done. It's going to be good to host a group of people again, Covid robbed me of that! I'll try and get some pics if I can.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Back in the saddle!
« on: June 26, 2021, 07:08:54 PM »
Can't wait I am starving. 
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 07:56:10 PM »

Sorry Jason, I wasn't able to make it this time. Lol........ I did cut the grass out front and got to take the wife out to eat early this evening.
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 03:30:40 AM »
Jason, that sounds like a good party. I guess that I should have told you that I was going to be in Atlanta all weekend. Hope that you had a good time with your friends. Your menu sounds delicious.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 05:42:47 AM »
Wow that's some spread, can't wait to see the pics
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Oneof11

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 09:56:16 AM »
Damn RG that whole spread sounds great. It is nice to get back to some normalcy.
Go Chiefs!!!!