Author Topic: New Puppy added to the family  (Read 1829 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
New Puppy added to the family
« Reply #-1 on: August 05, 2021, 08:38:36 PM »
Not too long ago, Baby, my sweet little Pomeranian, was put to sleep. It was one the hardest things for me to go through. With the last 2 years of bad things happening, this was just the straw that almost broke this camel's back. I had lost Duke, her buddy and fellow Pom, last May. My wife always said "after they're gone, I don't want ANY more dogs!"

I have a sign on a shelf near my bedroom that says "A house isn't a house without a Pomeranian". It has a sweet little pom face smiling on it and I see that every day. Last weekend I told her I want another dog. I miss having the companionship and we both absolutely LOVE the breed. Sweet temperament, smart and just downright adorable as puppies and grown dogs. I know there are dogs that need to be adopted and if I had a fenced in yard, I'd like a big dog but I had my heart set on a sweet little pom puppy so......I found one!

We had to drive 3+ hours each way to get her but we've already fallen in love with her. Trouble is, we can't come up with a name that we like. We keep thinking we have one but it just doesn't fit, lol. She won't replace Baby as SHE was MY dog and I had a bond with her unlike any animal I've ever owned, but she doesn't have to be Baby, she can be herself and I'll love her as much as I loved Duke, Baby and my other sweet furry friends.

Here's a pic my wife took of her out in the yard (that needs to be mowed, lol)

She's 1 pound 7 oz as of her vet check yesterday. She's tiny! She'll be 5-6 pounds grown.

Here's pics of other Poms we've owned or fostered.

Our very first was Biscuit, not a puppy pic but he was a little fella. Sadly he died at 2 years old :(

Second was Duke, he lived to be 2 months shy of 15. He was AWESOME!

Then we got my little Baby, she looks like a little Ewok! She changed color and ended up looking closer to the color of Biscuit.

Next was a foster dog, Mindy. We had her for a little while. She was inbred or something, she turned out not to be a pretty dog, she was sweet but dumb :P

After Mindy, we fostered a sweet girl named Daisy. She found a new home after about a week!

Next we had gotten a little boy with hopes of breeding him with Baby. He too never got a proper name, we called him Francois but called him "Swa" for short. Problem was, Baby couldn't stand him! We sold him after about 2 weeks, he went to a good home.

So now we have a nameless darling. She has brought MUCH needed joy to us already in the less than a week we've had her. I can just think of her while at work and smile :)

At any rate, if y'all have any name suggestions for the new girl, I'd love to hear them!

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
Re: New Puppy added to the family
« on: August 06, 2021, 09:30:53 AM »
Great pics RG, dogs truly are our best friends. 
If she was a male I'd suggest Zorro because of that adorable black mask.

She looks like a "Snuggles"

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 10:42:13 AM »
If she has brought so much _ _ _, why not name her Joy?

She's a gift from God, you could name her Grace.

just sayin'...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 07:48:43 AM »
Healthy grass is no shorter than 4", 5" is even better.  It naturally helps prevent weeds, and keeps soil moist even in dry spells.  Also watering every 5-7 days for 45 minutes to and hour helps the roots do deeper giving you a better greener lawn during dry spells and lets you water less.  Best time to water is do do it anytime from sun up to 4-5pm so the blades have time dry before sundown to prevent blade disease.

Finally the enjoy the pup, anytime I hear Pomeranian, I think of the Big Lebowski, it was a good laugh for me this morning. 
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Lines

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 12:33:36 PM »
My mom and dad had a chihuahua. Dad named him Arbogast. He always commented, "big name for a little dog".

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 04:48:24 PM »
I agree with Jaxon.....Joy is a great name. Give her a hug from me
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 11:06:57 AM »
Thanks for all of the suggestions! It seems her name has changed a few times over the week we've had her. For now, it seems her name is Tink (Tinky) short for Tinkerbell I reckon. She's a smart little girl, very sweet. I look forward to many years with her :)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 01:31:25 PM »
I may be late with this (Tink may be permanent) but Pomerania is part of Germany and Poland.  You might go to one of the Internet translation sites and translate words that describe her.  For instance, darling in German is liebling.  You could try pretty, tiny, baby...  You get the idea.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline Roget

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2021, 03:37:20 PM »
It's unbelievable how much I identify with your story.
I myself have a love affair with Poms.
I have had the blessing of having a total of four Poms to share a part of my life with.
I loved all of them & as I got older I progressively got more attached to the next one in line.
The last two I had were twin sisters and we got them as babies a little over fourteen years ago.
We lost Yoko in 2017. then baby Sake passed this last December. Their passing broke my heart.
Like your wife, V declared there absolutely would be no more dogs.
I want one so bad, but will not get another one because I'm still tied to the memory of Sake & Yoko.
They were both the "perfect companions" and I am afraid I would compare a "replacement" too harshly.
I actually do prefer dogs to people.
I envy you.
Have fun with you new companion.

YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 05:19:33 PM »
I actually do prefer dogs to people.

For a number of reasons (most having to do with traveling a lot and not enjoying picking up after myself, much less a critter) we're not "pet people" but I can certainly agree with that.

Jus' sayin'...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Oneof11

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 12:25:56 PM »
I love dogs, well animals in general. RG that dog is so cute. Congrats. I lost a Sheltie of 14 years and had no idea just how difficult it could be so I completely understand.
Go Chiefs!!!!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2021, 06:52:41 PM »
RG, you've had some great dogs and a good looking new one. Who doesn't prefer dogs to people?

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2021, 09:45:28 PM »
Just thinking' out loud:

Fuzz Bomb

House shoe

Dust mop

Baldie

Killer

Titan

Smeagle

Spot

Frodo
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401