Author Topic: Update on my wife  (Read 2502 times)

Offline TwoPockets

Re: Update on my wife
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 09:00:03 PM »
The worst part is that I had to stop and buy her the National Inquirer and those other trash magazines. She normally only reads them when we are down at the beach on vacation but wanted them today. I told her it was as embarassing as back in the day when I had to go buy feminine products. Geez.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 09:06:03 PM »
You're a good husband, Ken

Now, if you'll subscribe to those publications, you won't have to go to the store to get 'em.  Maybe they are delivered in a "plain brown wrapper".

just sayin'...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 11:50:01 PM »
I told her it was as embarassing as back in the day when I had to go buy feminine products. Geez.

I admire your ability to deal with that Ken. Said another way - when the "previous Mrs. Ex told me to got to the druggist and acquire those things for her, I never went back. I guess she is still waiting...... ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 06:23:50 PM »
The worst part is that I had to stop and buy her the National Inquirer and those other trash magazines. She normally only reads them when we are down at the beach on vacation but wanted them today. I told her it was as embarassing as back in the day when I had to go buy feminine products. Geez.

I tell mine... when they put it in the sporting goods section....I will gladly do it!!! Then the man card is safe!!!
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 07:24:44 PM »
Went to her first outpatient rehab today and got rehab and evals from Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Physical Therapy. Every one of them was surprised that 3 weeks from being totally paralyzed on her left side that she has come this far. The doctors at UAB had told us she was looking at 6 months of rehab and whatever use of her left side she had after 6 months would be all she would get. The outpatient clinic at Lakeshore Rehab says we are now looking at four weeks of rehab twice a week, then some excercises at home. The PT guy said that if she does her rehab and continues to excercise after she is done that in 6 months nobody will ever know she had a stroke. Lakeshore Rehabilitation Hospital and Foundation is probably the premier rehab facility in the country, I am glad we were able to get in there. I am going to take one more week off of work, I still have to help her up and down steps, or at least be there beside her and help her take a bath, but she is doing most everything on her own with me just being there for support.

I honestly feel all the prayers and well wishes have made a tremendous difference. Thank you all so much.
Ken

Char-Broil The Big Easy

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 07:43:19 PM »
I came home exhausted and in a crappy mood. Not no more. That is just great news and I am so happy for both of you  :) Tell her old Smoke says to keep up the great work and please keep us updated.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
Ken, would you comfortable sending us your mailing address so we can send cards to Lana?

If not...pm me...
thanks
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 07:58:02 PM »
2P- Man, does God not work beyond anything we can imagine or hope for!! Glory to be to his name! I am so glad that Lana is getting such great news and that she has such great caregivers in her life. You are at the top of that list!!!!! Kinda like Smoke.... worked all day in a warehouse with no cool air, no circulation and sweated my patooty off. Got into it with my boss and just about said some things that might have gotten me in some major trouble. Still kinda hacked about it! But reading Lana's update and all that God is doing; thinking about what she has been through the last weeks; thinking about what you have been through and had to deal with....really puts my life into perspective. Thank you 2P for checking me! I will continue to lift you all up in prayers of thanksgiving and continued progress. Give her a hug!

Dan
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.

Offline RickB

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 08:04:59 PM »
Soooo glad to here things are going well. All our hopes!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 08:14:49 PM »
2P- Man, does God not work beyond anything we can imagine or hope for!! Glory to be to his name! I am so glad that Lana is getting such great news and that she has such great caregivers in her life. You are at the top of that list!!!!! Kinda like Smoke.... worked all day in a warehouse with no cool air, no circulation and sweated my patooty off. Got into it with my boss and just about said some things that might have gotten me in some major trouble. Still kinda hacked about it! But reading Lana's update and all that God is doing; thinking about what she has been through the last weeks; thinking about what you have been through and had to deal with....really puts my life into perspective. Thank you 2P for checking me! I will continue to lift you all up in prayers of thanksgiving and continued progress. Give her a hug!

Dan

Kind of makes ya put things in perspective...don't it  ;)  Our bad day is nothing like what Ken and Lana have been enduring....
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »
Exactly Smoke!! Makes me kinda ashamed that I was so unappreciative of the great day I was blessed with! Perspective.... absolutely!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »
Ken, would you comfortable sending us your mailing address so we can send cards to Lana?

If not...pm me...
thanks

I am going to recommend that it be a PM or e-mail, just to preserve your information privacy.
Because anyone can read LTBBQ with becoming a member, you want to be careful putting your name and address - or other personal information in a post.
The site constantly has "guests" that are not registered members - including 3 internet search engines looking for key search words.

I just do not want you to add identity theft to you  stuff to deal with right now Ken ;) 
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2013, 01:27:58 AM »
Ken,

That is wonderful news. Thank you for letting us know. It does make for a better evening to hear this.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2013, 06:54:32 AM »
Great news indeed!  :)

But still gonna keep prayin'!  8)
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2013, 08:03:37 AM »
Great news indeed!  :)

But still gonna keep prayin'!  8)

Please do, we still have a ways to go and all the prayers have been much appreciated.
Ken

Char-Broil The Big Easy