Author Topic: Brownie Gets Bob Barkered  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Brownie Gets Bob Barkered
« Reply #-1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:53:01 PM »
Just dropped off Brownie to get neutered. He's the cat that the neighbors left when they move out. We've been taking care of him for almost a year now and finally could afford to get him fixed. He spent the entire winter outside on the covered deck last year with a heated bed. Hopefully he will be able to live indoors if he gets along with Emmett our indoor kitty. It was not a easy task getting that bad boy into the pet carrier :) This cat is all muscle and can climb 15' up a tree and back down lickity split :) Ok, that's what I did tonight.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Brownie Gets Bob Barkered
« on: August 29, 2013, 10:56:07 PM »
You got got him "broke"... ;)  When people say they got their pet "fixed" - I like to point out that he was already fixed the way nature intended - what you did was "broke him".....

Just like with guys - he will now probably sit around more, gain a few pounds and think about work - a lot... :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:05:24 PM »
He's a nice looking little boy.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:14:32 PM »
Nice you took the cat in KM! Those Siamese can be ornery. I never forget while in the Air Police at Homestead AFB, Fla. I would catch the gate entrance to on base housing. This big Siamese would come out of the housing area and take over my gate shack, he would not let me in until he got tired and left. He walked around the ledge and would hiss and paw at me if I tried to enter. I never told any of my fellow Air Policemen. I didn't want anyone to know I couldn't guard my guard shack from a cat!
Hope it gets along with your cat. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 11:24:02 PM »
Nice looking cat. It was good of you to adopt him. I've had two Siamese over the years - my favorite cats. Very smart and they can be tough. One of them would patrol our neighborhood - the dogs crossed the street whenever she was out.

I hope he does well inside with your other cat!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 11:29:56 PM »
Nice looking cat. It was good of you to adopt him. I've had two Siamese over the years - my favorite cats. Very smart and they can be tough. One of them would patrol our neighborhood - the dogs crossed the street whenever she was out.

I hope he does well inside with your other cat!

Thanks David, I think he will get along good as they play through the screen door with no problems :)
Nice you took the cat in KM! Those Siamese can be ornery. I never forget while in the Air Police at Homestead AFB, Fla. I would catch the gate entrance to on base housing. This big Siamese would come out of the housing area and take over my gate shack, he would not let me in until he got tired and left. He walked around the ledge and would hiss and paw at me if I tried to enter. I never told any of my fellow Air Policemen. I didn't want anyone to know I couldn't guard my guard shack from a cat!
Hope it gets along with your cat. Don
That's hilarious Don, This guy is a love bug or I would have tried to find him another home...

You got got him "broke"... ;)  When people say they got their pet "fixed" - I like to point out that he was already fixed the way nature intended - what you did was "broke him".....

Just like with guys - he will now probably sit around more, gain a few pounds and think about work - a lot... :D
I let him know on Saturday when we pick him up Tim, he's broke now ;) That's is a good terminology :)
He's a nice looking little boy.

Ed
Thanks Ed, He is a little cross eyed but they said he was a seal point at the vet. I like him and he likes me :)

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Re: Brownie Gets Bob Barkered-UPDATE
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »
Well, come to find out Brownie was already broke before we took him into the vet ;) . The wife tried to explain to the doc he is still dating the female cats ???  and he sad that's just bad habits ??? ??? He got all his shots and his ears checked while he was there :) :) :)

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 08:38:29 PM »

Good looking boy!  (bad habits, notwithstanding..)   ;)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Brownie Gets Bob Barkered-UPDATE
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 09:07:36 PM »
Well, come to find out Brownie was already broke before we took him into the vet ;) . The wife tried to explain to the doc he is still dating the female cats ???  and he sad that's just bad habits ??? ??? He got all his shots and his ears checked while he was there :) :) :)

Bad habits...? I would think it was fond memories.... ;D ;D ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401