Author Topic: busy day...  (Read 635 times)

Offline dawrecknq

busy day...
« Reply #-1 on: September 22, 2013, 10:19:03 PM »
Got my brisket injection made, got more sauce cooked up (yes, I have forgotten my friends here and will making another batch just for you guys soon, very soon!!! Every time I have made a batch, family and friends seem to stop and take a couple bottles) and got my three rubs for the meat mixed up. Using my "Orange You Glad I Used This Rub" for my pork entries. My "Magic Memphis Moon Dust" rub for brisket and burnt ends and I am breaking out a brand formula for chicken. Haven't come up with a slick name for this one yet, it's still too new. If you got idea's throw em on here. I plan on rotissering 2 whole chicken in my UDS and then Spatchcocking 1 in the pit. I am also going to do about 10-12 thighs. We don't have to decorate (greenery) for this contest!!!! But I do plan on putting 4-5 thighs in a circle, then fill middle with some sliced breast (with skin on) and then chopping some more with some extra rub sprinkled on. I am hoping this will make a great presentation.
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Re: busy day...
« on: September 22, 2013, 11:31:44 PM »
My "Magic Memphis Moon Dust" rub for brisket and burnt ends and I am breaking out a brand formula for chicken. Haven't come up with a slick name for this one yet, it's still too new. If you got idea's throw em on here.  I am hoping this will make a great presentation.
On The Prowl For Fowl
Stickin' With Chicken
Not Your Mama's Bird Dust
Just some random thoughts. It sounds like you had a busy but productive day. Best of luck on the upcoming competition.  :)    Big Don
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:41:20 PM by BigDon »
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 03:57:15 AM »
Call it "spatch this."
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:31:33 AM »
What is one of the key ingredients of the chicken rub?

Maybe that will help to create a cool name for it.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 07:16:30 PM »
Muebe- Pretty standard.....
Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Celery Seed Powder.

Slidin'- had some friends coming up with some pretty un-family suggestions when I explained to the watch Spatchcocking a chicken was. Leaving that one to your imagination!

Big Don....Kinda like that On the Prowl for Fowl.

I thought about calling it da Wreck'n Q's  Chick'n Wreck'n Powder.....makes you chicken da BOMB!

Not sure I like that one.

Dan
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 08:06:50 PM »
Cock-A-Doodle-Delicious Chicken Dust

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven