Author Topic: The ABT Sammich  (Read 981 times)

Offline fishingbouchman

Re: The ABT Sammich
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 10:31:08 PM »
great use for left overs.  love it. 
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 11:14:26 PM »
Wow great looking ABTs  :D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Wing Commander

• Visit my BBQ-Blog!
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 02:57:06 AM »
Leftover ABTs??? Anyway, that's a great idea.

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 07:10:29 AM »
Hiker- appreciate the information. I am not much of a pepper fan, at least outside of dropping some in for seasoning. That is why I haven't really paid much attention to making them. But, I many people in my family who love them and this post has inspired me. I am going to take your advice and start playing with different recipes and see what I can do.
Thanks again,

Dan
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline hikerman

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 07:56:24 AM »
Dan, you can't hurt these ABT's, you can only eat too many!  Good luck and have fun!

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 08:21:12 AM »
An ABT Sandwich... now that was some clever thinking!  8)

I have never gotten a recipe for ABT's. Would ya'll mind sharing some? My family would probably love them and I would sure appreciate it!
Thanks,
Dan

Dan, ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds) are usually hollowed out Jalapenos, stuffed with cream cheese and mini smoked sausage, then wrapped in bacon and smoked.

Like most good recipes ideas, folks have taken this concept and run with it. Like Hikerman mentioned, you can pretty much make them any way you like. The two constant seems to be a chili pepper (usually jalapeno) wrapped in bacon, with the stuffing changing.  The bacon wrapping gives it that classic shape of, well........
a turd!  :P

If you're not a fan of the heat, those mini sweets work just as well. Lots of flavor, just no heat. We usually make a mixed batch with both types of peppers for parties & cookouts and they all disappear.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 06:30:15 PM »
It's not the heat.....I just really don't like the taste of peppers. Don't matter what they is: Green Bell, Red Bell, Yellow Bell, Jalapeno (on a stick or not), Banana. I like to smoke mine then I will dehydrate and crush up to use in cooking. But other than that- Pass!

Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"