Author Topic: Give the VA San Antonio Hospital a Lot of Credit!  (Read 834 times)

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
Give the VA San Antonio Hospital a Lot of Credit!
« Reply #-1 on: September 29, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »
 :)
I would like to extend my thanks to the VA Hospital in San Antonio, Texas and give lot of credit and my admiration for great service. It is also referred to as the Audie L. Murphy Medical Center and I am sure you know who he was. The VA Hospital in San Antonio is affiliated with the University of Texas Medical Center which is also a teaching college. My Doctor, who did the actual hip surgery had the assistance of the residents of this medical center. My doctor, Dr. Morrey, is in private practice and is renown across the country. He was asked to be a teacher at the University of Texas and then they asked him also to participate at the VA center which he also accepted. Thank God. He is that good.

Now all hospitals, and not all VA hospitals are the same. I can tell you that there is a night and day difference between the VA hospital in Gainesville, Florida is like 180 degrees apart from that in San Antonio. As soon as I came to Texas, they were all over me and it was non stop since December of last year. I have had appointments line up every month, some times 2 to 3 a month for corrections and tests that I need. I am very lucky, indeed, to be here in the San Antonio area, and be helped by the VA in San Antonio. The care that I am given far exceeds what i have ever received from the private sector. I have never been around such thoughtful and caring people in the medical profession. And they extend that kindness to my family as well.

The VA provides great support and like everywhere, the support in some locations exceeds those of others by a wide margin. And, the price tag is even better: Nothing, thanks to a little bullet that I stopped 45 years ago.

With everything wrong with this country today, one of the things that it has got right is the VA Audie Murphy Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Give the VA San Antonio Hospital a Lot of Credit!
« on: September 29, 2013, 01:05:58 PM »
It is great to hear of such an experience.  There is little as disturbing as watching the "treatment" that some of our country's finest are subjected to when they need medical assistance (especially those times where the treatment needed is a direct result of their service).  You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers Ed along with those men and women who will continue to assist you.  Praise God!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline MoHuka

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 01:09:44 PM »
Ed,

Just had the same experience with the Kansas City VA with my neck surgery in July..could not ask for better service and attention....I am leaving Saudi in a week and go home for back surgery by the same neurosurgeons that worked on my neck..

Glad to hear you are recovering well.....

...Mo
Lead a good life and treat your fellow man as you wish to be treated and the attendance at your funeral will be largely dependent on the weather
---------------------------
KCBS CBJ
Bradley 6-rack with PID and 2-element mod
REC TEC
SRG with Tommy Ring
Weber Genesis with Grill Grates
ANOVA Sous Vide

Offline Pappymn

Give the VA San Antonio Hospital a Lot of Credit!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:57:50 PM »
Great story VOD. Bring them some BBQ when you are getting around better
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:57:36 PM by Pappymn »
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »
I am glad you have had a great experience at the San Antone VA Ed. Heard nothing but good about that facility. We have a great VA Hosp. here in Asheville. My wife and I do a lot of work with them, and - know that some of the facilities...well - they have varying degrees of "customer satisfaction" ;) ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 05:55:40 PM »
That's great, Ed. I am very happy it has worked out well for you and wish you the very best in your rehab and recovery.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »
Glad you had a good experience and they took good care of you ED!! Bad customer service is one thing but should not be tolerated at any hospital.