Author Topic: You can't go I got your coat!  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
You can't go I got your coat!
« Reply #-1 on: December 17, 2013, 12:39:29 AM »

I meant to post this back when I took it, Nov. 25. I was still taking my wife for her knee therapy and here is my shadow, I should have named him shadow since he is always where I am. He is laying here on the floor next to me now. In the photo he is laying on my coat, he knew it was going to be cage time and the last few times he got on my coat like if I lay on his coat he can’t go. I was able to get his pic this time.

We got him from the Humane Soc. in 2005 when he was about 2 yrs. old. We got a cage for him for when we had to leave him and he hated it. We tried leaving him out and when we got home he had drug all my clothes out of the dirty clothes hamper and had them scattered around the room. Next time we put the hamper on the drier but found he was also scratching the back door, so its cage time whenever we leave him.

He used to hide under the beds or couch but now he will come when I call and hang his head and get in the cage.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: You can't go I got your coat!
« on: December 17, 2013, 03:16:16 AM »
I think he might be related to my cat.  :D
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 09:38:23 AM »
Swell photo.  Reminiscent of many scenes in my home.

We continually underestimate dog intelligence.  They are about as smart as a three-year old.  And if something happens the same way about three times the dog will assume it's a rule.

In my house if I say "hunt" or "hunting" the weimaraners begin to quiver.  If I get out a piece of hunting equipment, especially a shotgun, they are beside themselves and stay by the front door.  Pack a suitcase and they are in it.

Interesting animals to share the house with.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 09:48:24 AM »
If you want to see who loves you the most, your wife or your dog, lock them both up in the trunk of your car then  see which one wags their tail and licks your hand when you open it in an hour.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »
Your a bad man Dee, lol
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 10:43:23 AM »
If you want to see who loves you the most, your wife or your dog, lock them both up in the trunk of your car then  see which one wags their tail and licks your hand when you open it in an hour.  Dee

:D  Lol  Dee good point and I believe you 100% sir but no way no how am I going to put that to test!!!!!!!   ???

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 02:52:33 PM »
Dee your wife has a tail? ??? :P
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 04:49:03 PM »
Don-- that is too cute... what a clever little stinker.  :)  Funny how he's so in tune with your schedule!

I hear you on the clothes-stealing frustrations-- my mutts are on the constant lookout for underthings and socks.  So far the worst incident was when I was trying to sell my house last year-- I had a showing scheduled while I was at work, and the little buggers broke out of their jail, knocked over a hamper (thankfully of CLEAN laundry) and redecorated the house with a bunch of bras and underpants.   

Came home expecting to see a business card and note from the Realtor, and instead it looked like I'd walked into the aftermath of a frat party! 
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/