Author Topic: Most stubborn dog in the world is...  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Most stubborn dog in the world is...
« Reply #-1 on: February 06, 2014, 01:18:56 PM »
...without a doubt an Irish Setter, especially this one.

After he climbs out of his crate in the morning it's a 15 minute ordeal to coax him downstairs.  I usually start off with dog treats and then have to graduate up to some cheese.  Well this morning neither of those worked so I had to use a piece of my 50/50 bacon burger to lure him downstairs to go outside.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Most stubborn dog in the world is...
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »
Heck...you wave that Guinness around most folks here, and they will, sit, rollover, and even shake hands and beg!.... ;D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline MJSBBQ

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »
Good looking pooch, but I am concerned. Most puppies can't wait to go outside and do their things and follow their people wherever they go. Have you had his hips checked out or looked for any medical reason he might not want to move around?

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 01:44:43 PM »
Heck...you wave that Guinness around most folks here, and they will, sit, rollover, and even shake hands and beg!.... ;D :D

Maybe I should post a pic of my beer fridge, there's a couple of casses of Guinness in it right now.  BTW: Guinness is the name of my puppy in the picture.  :)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 01:58:11 PM »
Good looking pooch, but I am concerned. Most puppies can't wait to go outside and do their things and follow their people wherever they go. Have you had his hips checked out or looked for any medical reason he might not want to move around?

Oh believe me he can move around just fine, when it's on HIS terms, he's a typical Setter, very stubborn.  He's been examined by a vet and is in excellent health.  This picture is from back in June the day we picked him up from the breeder when he was 10 weeks old, he is now going on 10 months and is house broken and has excellent bladder and bowel control.  He just loves to play his little game in the morning of seeing how far I'll go to coax him downstairs. When he sees the cat at the bottom of the stairs you ought to see how fast he flys down the stairs to go after her, it's really comical.
 :D
----------------------

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 02:14:26 PM »
Sounds like he has you well trained.  :D
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 02:15:12 PM »
Maybe the winter has something to do with that too. My dog's push my limits in the morning to go outside when it is cold. They are so spoiled.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 03:16:26 PM »
Good looking pup, I like all critters ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »
Nice lookin' setter! Maybe a rib or two, or some pulled pork will do the job.  :D  Sounds like he's upping the ante on you LV!

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 04:05:13 PM »
Sounds like he has you well trained.  :D

Yes he does, and would you believe I'm paying a trainer to have the dog train me.  :D
----------------------

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 04:08:06 PM »
Maybe the winter has something to do with that too. My dog's push my limits in the morning to go outside when it is cold. They are so spoiled.

That could be true we will see how he does as the weather gets warmer, then again warmer in Las Vegas means blistering hot as our winters are more like summer in the North.  ;)
----------------------

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 04:11:44 PM »
Good looking pup, I like all critters ;D

Thanks, so do we, the rest of our zoo includes a cat that the Setter thinks is another play toy to chase around the house, plus two parrots, a Yellow Nape Amazon and a Catalina Macaw. 
----------------------

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 04:14:31 PM »
Nice lookin' setter! Maybe a rib or two, or some pulled pork will do the job.  :D  Sounds like he's upping the ante on you LV!

Yep, he watched me unpack, assemble, and break in my new WSM yesterday, I bet he knows there's going to be some good eats coming off that cooker soon and he is positioning himself into getting some. LOL!!!
----------------------

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 05:32:30 PM »
Beautiful looking setter!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline flbentrider

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 06:43:49 PM »
Leave him in the (*^% crate one morning....

:)