Author Topic: Most stubborn dog in the world is...  (Read 2305 times)

Offline RAD

Re: Most stubborn dog in the world is...
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 06:56:06 PM »
Leave him in the (*^% crate one morning....

:)
Nothing like a morning of Solitary Confinement to set him straight  ;D
Love to cook and eat

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 10:44:50 PM »
Beautiful looking setter!

Thanks, he thinks so too, every chance he get he jumps up on the bed and looks at himself in the mirror.  :-\
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 10:55:24 PM »

Oh believe me I've tried that, leave him long enough in the crate and he will bust the door of the crate open, then he sits at the top of the stairs and does his stubborn routine again.  Not only are Setters the worlds most stubborn dogs they have the worse case of separation anxiety of any breed too.  He definetly makes life interesting. 
 ;)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline flbentrider

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 06:40:42 AM »

Oh believe me I've tried that, leave him long enough in the crate and he will bust the door of the crate open, then he sits at the top of the stairs and does his stubborn routine again.  Not only are Setters the worlds most stubborn dogs they have the worse case of separation anxiety of any breed too.  He definetly makes life interesting. 
 ;)

It sounds like he thinks he is the "owner"

Good luck!

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 10:52:20 AM »
It sounds like he thinks he is the "owner"

Good luck!

Oh he knows he is the owner.  Anyone that says they own an Irish Setter is a liar, you buy one, bring it home and it owns you.  :D

Still a great breed of dog though, he is a clown.   ;)
----------------------

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
He will slowly get you trained Ralph!!! My cock-a-poo knows after supper and I settle down to watch some TV it will soon be nutter butter time. If I don't get them soon enough he will sit in front of my recliner and stare me down until I go get them; we usually share 3 or 4. Guinness is a great looking pup, I used to have a schnauzer that loved beer. He would set by me outside and I could slowly pour beer from a can and he never spilled a drop. Then one day he just quit cold turkey and would never drink anymore. Maybe he saw me after I had one too many!  ::) Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 12:48:22 PM »
He will slowly get you trained Ralph!!! My cock-a-poo knows after supper and I settle down to watch some TV it will soon be nutter butter time. If I don't get them soon enough he will sit in front of my recliner and stare me down until I go get them; we usually share 3 or 4. Guinness is a great looking pup, I used to have a schnauzer that loved beer. He would set by me outside and I could slowly pour beer from a can and he never spilled a drop. Then one day he just quit cold turkey and would never drink anymore. Maybe he saw me after I had one too many!  ::) Don

Yep, Guinness and I are going to obedience classes, that I'm paying for, just so he can train me, there's something wrong with this picture.  :D

That's some great stories about your pups Don, thanks for sharing.  I have a Macaw that loves beer too, if I get close enough to him with a beer in my hand he will reach out, grab it, and pull it towards him for his enjoyment. If there's a way to post videos here I'd show y'all a few of him and his drinking habits.
----------------------

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 01:06:38 PM »
Here he is Guinness aka Mr. Stubborn this morning playing the waiting game to come downstairs.  I was just about to get some bacon burger out if the fridge when the cat walked by downstairs. He loves to play with her and he came flying down the stairs when he saw her walk by.

----------------------