Author Topic: CG-15 Vacuum Sealer  (Read 1889 times)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
CG-15 Vacuum Sealer
« Reply #-1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:05:51 PM »
I experienced a problem with my CG-15 vacuum sealer recently.  It would not pull a vacuum past "2".  Should go to "9".  After a little research online, I sent an email to the Weston Company to see if they could help me.  I received both an email response and a phone response within hours.  I talked to a young lady who walked me through taking the cover off the unit and explaining in some detail why this happened.  I just ordered two parts and some of their bags.  She indicated that part of my problem may have been caused by the Foodsaver bags I have been using.  The vacuum pump must work harder due to the construction of the bags.

If you ever have any issues with your CG-15, please call them at 1-800-814-4895.  This unit is very easy to do your own maintenance on.

Art

BTW.  Weston no longer supplies the CG-15 to Cabelas.  They went with a different (i.e., cheaper) vendor for the replacement product.  Cabelas would like you to contact them for any help you need.  If they don't carry the product any longer, I would be suspect of any information they might give you.  I'll go to the source.
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: CG-15 Vacuum Sealer
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:09:18 PM »
Glad to hear that you got to the bottom of the issue Art. Weston makes a lot of great stuff, and - it sounds like you had a really good customer experience. Good to know!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:48:50 PM »
Always nice to hear about good service.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 08:28:27 PM »
Always nice to get good customer service.  :)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 08:38:57 PM »
We order all our Vacuum-seal bags from Weston...large, medium, and small...we like 'em all.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:40:58 PM »
I now have 100@ of the pint and quart sizes.  Part of my getting ready to try my hand at sous vide cooking.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11