Author Topic: Easy Hamburger Buns and the dinners they created  (Read 3571 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: Easy Hamburger Buns and the dinners they created
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 02:31:33 AM »
exactly how much dough per bun,and how did you get them so uniform,very nice job.

After I fold the dough over a couple of times on a floured cutting board I shaped it into a log like I do for the long pan, then I cut it in half and then split the halves into 3 equal portions.
This was the three cup flour bread?
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 10:07:43 AM »
exactly how much dough per bun,and how did you get them so uniform,very nice job.

After I fold the dough over a couple of times on a floured cutting board I shaped it into a log like I do for the long pan, then I cut it in half and then split the halves into 3 equal portions.
This was the three cup flour bread?

Yup, it's the easy crusty bread recipe that I posted before. I read somewhere that if you brush an egg wash on instead of the melted butter you can sprinkle poppy or sesame seeds on the buns.

Offline spuds

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »
Thanks Saber.Good trick on egg wash to get seeds to stick,I'll remember that.

I cant remember if I used this recipe or something else (maybe a wheat bread?) to make buns,but got the crunchy top,man alive,they do make a gourmet bun for sure.

When I finish Hubs pastrami I'll get these whipped up,that should be a fine combo.

I love good burgers,so does the Mrs.We grind our own burger too from round steak/london broil.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 09:31:51 PM »
Thanks Saber.Good trick on egg wash to get seeds to stick,I'll remember that.

I cant remember if I used this recipe or something else (maybe a wheat bread?) to make buns,but got the crunchy top,man alive,they do make a gourmet bun for sure.

When I finish Hubs pastrami I'll get these whipped up,that should be a fine combo.

I love good burgers,so does the Mrs.We grind our own burger too from round steak/london broil.

Glad to help, let me know how they turn out, I may try a batch with one cup of rye flour and caraway seeds, it makes a great rye bread so it should make some good rye buns. I like to buy a chuck clod to make ground chuck and if I can get an extra piece of brisket cheap sometimes I'll add it to the grind.

Offline spuds

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 10:29:16 PM »
I'll post pics on this thread of your buns.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 09:07:47 AM »
I'll post pics on this thread of your buns.

Uhhhh...... ???
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401