Author Topic: The Juice Diet,Lost 11 lbs in 5 days  (Read 4915 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: The Juice Diet,Lost 11 lbs in 5 days
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2014, 04:55:38 PM »
Day 37,down to 207lbs.

40 lbs in 37 days,thats a LOT of wt. 4 10 lb sacks of potatoes,and for sure,it is a huge lift off the body.Back and joints feel a lot better for sure.Sore back in morning completely gone.

Still dizzy when arising to standing in AM until I get fluids on board,for sure this isnt perfect.

Decided first real meal will be the first chicken on the PBC.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »
Good for you spuds - hope you find the right way to maintain!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
Way to go Carl, you should be proud of your accomplishment ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline spuds

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2014, 05:50:06 PM »
Good for you spuds - hope you find the right way to maintain!
Going high fat,low carb,low calorie.Lots of veggies,daily juices.Hey,way too much hit on body to blow it in the 'afterlife'.I really think the regular food diet will be a cinch after giving up food.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2014, 09:54:40 PM »
I have been following this thread.  You are to be commended, Spuds.  That's a terrific performance.

I want the pill fairy to come and help me lose weight.  Physician says. "It ain't gonna' happen."
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline spuds

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2014, 12:14:19 AM »
Im trying to be fair with reporting the good,bad and ugly so folks can see if its a possible option for them.We all are so different so not sure how representative my experience is to others.Without the fast feedback on loss I dont think I could be a good dieter other wise.So thats my reason.

Crazy ,first diet for loss Ive ever done,been fascinating for sure.

My Barber is going to get the bariatric (sp) surgery,wish he could do this instead but has diabetes and a heart attack,so I couldnt recommend it to him cause I dont know better,but we sure discuss it.He was sure shocked when we were discussing calories,he, like me, had no idea the landmines out there we are/were consuming.

Both of us were being blasted by mayonnaise calories,yet a switch to miracle whip can save a LOT,havent looked up yet what it entails health-wise tho,so much to learn!(Half the fat and calories but soybean oil?)Mayo 90 cal/Tbsp,MW 40,MW Lite 20!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:09:43 AM by spuds »

Offline spuds

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2014, 01:12:21 AM »
So Friday went shopping....before breakfast (HUGE mistake).Was dizzy every time I stood up,scared Mrs.

The reset is over,Down 40 lbs,time to ease back into a food diet.

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2014, 06:53:33 PM »
Great job, Spuds.  Best of luck in your efforts to maintain that weight.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline Kora Smoker

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2014, 06:53:44 PM »
You did such an amazing job with the juice fast Spuds, and congrats on the weight loss.
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26 kettle
Rec Tec 680
Gabby's Grill Santa Maria add on for weber kettle 26 inch
Gateway Drum Smoker

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2014, 07:07:52 PM »
Good for you, Spuds! That had to take a lot of discipline and effort. I am impressed. I sincerely hope you find the best way to maintain what you have worked so hard to hit. I also look to you as an inspiration for myself. Thank you!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline spuds

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2014, 07:54:39 PM »
Good for you, Spuds! That had to take a lot of discipline and effort. I am impressed.
The amazing thing was it really didnt take much discipline,only the first 5 days were hard.It was my body (and wife bless her heart) that made me stop,40 days was the limit. If I dont lose more eating right I will do another 30 days in the future.

Was quite a ride for sure.

Thanks  all for all the kind words,the support was really appreciated.

Now back to steal another grocery cart of meat tonight as Muebe says (Wife has been laughing about that all day Mike!)

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=9462.msg126790#msg126790

Offline spuds

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2014, 01:45:29 AM »
kept food in me today just fine,and energy level is way up.Going up and down stairs that I used to really feel are like nothing now.Cant believe how good I feel. ;D

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2014, 11:52:21 AM »
My Barber is going to get the bariatric (sp) surgery,wish he could do this instead but has diabetes and a heart attack,so I couldnt recommend it to him cause I dont know better,but we sure discuss it.He was sure shocked when we were discussing calories,he, like me, had no idea the landmines out there we are/were consuming.

The surgery will definitely help with the diabetes, some even claim its a cure for diabetes because it works so well.  I wouldn't call it a cure anymore than I would call insulin injections a cure, it's a good diabetes management technique but not a cure since there is currently no cure for diabetes.  Getting the weight down does help and if all other methods have not worked the surgery is a good last option IMHO.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline spuds

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2014, 12:19:15 PM »
Its really interesting,he and his wife have to go to weekly classes for several months before they will be approved for his surgery.I sure wish him well,a heck of a nice guy.All in all its like an 8 month process to get it done.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2014, 12:27:37 PM »
Its really interesting,he and his wife have to go to weekly classes for several months before they will be approved for his surgery.I sure wish him well,a heck of a nice guy.All in all its like an 8 month process to get it done.

I know my sisters did it, pisses me off too, they eat anything they want, in reasonable portions, they don't exercise and they don't have to deal with the blood glucose levels like I do.   Oh well, I just keep going to the gym to pump iron and rack up more miles on my running shoes.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)