Author Topic: So have we been doing it wrong?  (Read 343 times)

Offline Sailor1

So have we been doing it wrong?
« Reply #-1 on: April 28, 2014, 07:33:37 AM »
As a young boy I remember telling my Dad that he was sharping the knifes all wrong.  I had been reading and learning of the proper way to sharpen knifes using the 1 stroke method.  Boy, I been doing it this way all my life and my Dad taught me this way and this way is the way you sharpen knifes he would say.  What does he know I would think and off I would go and sharpen my knifes with the one stroke method.  Never could get the edge that he would get.  Then I just found this video and it reminded me of those long ago days and brought a smile to my face.  Perhaps Pop had it right and I was wrong.  He was doing the "wobble" back before I was ever born  ;D  Guess I will have to get my knifes out and try it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/27/are-you-sharpening-your-knife-all-wrong/

Edit......forgot to attach the video  ???
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 07:52:19 AM by Sailor1 »

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Re: So have we been doing it wrong?
« on: April 28, 2014, 07:37:23 AM »
As a young boy I remember telling my Dad that he was sharping the knifes all wrong.  I had been reading and learning of the proper way to sharpen knifes using the 1 stroke method.  Boy, I been doing it this way all my life and my Dad taught me this way and this way is the way you sharpen knifes he would say.  What does he know I would think and off I would go and sharpen my knifes with the one stroke method.  Never could get the edge that he would get.  Then I just found this video and it reminded me of those long ago days and brought a smile to my face.  Perhaps Pop had it right and I was wrong.  He was doing the "wobble" back before I was ever born  ;D  Guess I will have to get my knifes out and try it.
What video?
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 08:16:09 AM »
Interesting video.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »
Jim - when I saw the thread title....I was afraid you had been talking to my wife...... :D :D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 01:43:03 PM »
looks like we had the same father.
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone