Author Topic: I Love My cloche  (Read 6636 times)

Offline Saber 4

Re: I Love My cloche
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »
I though "cloche" was a type of bread you baked.

My wife bakes a LOT of bread.  I showed her your pic and she told me quick about the cloche.  I googled it and found one I think she'll like and ordered it.  For all the grills, etc I have, she deserves her share of toys.

just sayin'...

Thanks for the tip, sir.

And of course you won't complain about all the fresh bread to go with your grilled creations... ;)

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 10:08:35 PM »
I thought "cloche" was a type of bread you baked..

And of course you won't complain about all the fresh bread to go with your grilled creations... ;)

Not one bit, sir!
She baked some cinnamon/raisin bread this afternoon that really turned out.
Dang!!   I should have posted pictures of that loaf.   Ooooh, she sliced off a generous piece while it was still warm and the butter soaked into it and...can't take a picture to capture that taste experience.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 10:26:04 PM »
I thought "cloche" was a type of bread you baked..

Not one bit, sir!
She baked some cinnamon/raisin bread this afternoon that really turned out.
Dang!!   I should have posted pictures of that loaf.   Ooooh, she sliced off a generous piece while it was still warm and the butter soaked into it and...can't take a picture to capture that taste experience.

We really need smell a vision and taste a vision on the forum.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 10:31:43 PM »
Looks great, nice looking slice with the butter on it.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 09:46:23 AM »
I gotta go buy one of those bread pots..  looks like you can turn out awesome bread. Where did you buy yours if you dont mind me asking...
  Williams- Sonoma has them also and may be cheaper.

I've never known Wille Sonoma to be cheaper on anything.  My wife likes to SHOP AROUND in their store, but seldom wants to pay their price.

just sayin'...
<><

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
Great looking loaf, what dough recipe did you use???

I use a sweet bread starter that I got from Classicrockgriller
Here is the recipe I follow for my bread & buns

RECIPE BY Classicrockgriller

Sweet yeast bread

The ingredients for the dough are: 1 1/2 cup of warm water, 1 ts of salt, 1/2 cup of corn oil,

1/2 cup of sugar, and 6 to 7 cups of bread flour. (I got tired of measuring flour by cups so I

coverted it to weight and I used 2lbs)

Grease your mixing bowl and dump the starter in it. (approx two cups of starter)

Take your warm water and put it in the bowl that held the starter and swirl it around to get

the rest of the starter and dump it in the mixer.

Pour in your corn oil

Pour in your sugar and salt

Gice it a quick stir with and big spoon and start adding your flour. I stir by hand till

all the flour is wet.

This will keep flour from flying out of your bowl when you turn on your mixer. Start your

mixer on slow and gradually increase your speed till everything from the sides and bottom

are mixed in.

Get a clean bowland grease it down.

Plop your dough into the greased bowl.

Let it rest for a bit and then flip it over.

Place your bowl in your draft free area and cover it. It needs to set till it is about double in size. (2 to 4 hrs)

Kneading the Bread

Again, I am not a Baker but this is what I do and it works for me and this bread. To control my

mess I knead on a 1/2 sheet pan. I pour the risen dough on to a lightly flour sheet.

I cut it in half and work with half at a time. I put one half back in the bowl.

I then pull the dough width wise.

I press the dough down with the palms of my hand trying to maintain the square shape.

I fold one end over about 1/3 and press that down again.

I roll over the bottom to the top, lightly press it and I am ready to put my dough in baking pans.

Baking your Bread

All ovens are different so you may need to adjust your times depending on how your oven bakes.

Pre-heat your oven to 350*. I bake my rolls separate from the bread because I use a different time

for the two. Rolls are approx 24 to 26 minutes and loafs are 28 to 30 minutes. Adjust the time to

fit your oven and wants.

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 10:10:10 AM »
ok...please share info about sweet starter..did you use the Amish friendship bread starter? I have a bread machine recipe for a breadmaker that is similar without the starter.  thanks in advance.  Pam    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 10:40:59 AM »
ok...please share info about sweet starter..did you use the Amish friendship bread starter? I have a bread machine recipe for a breadmaker that is similar without the starter.  thanks in advance.  Pam    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

All I know Pam is this has been in Sonny,s (Classicrockgriller) family for many generations. He lives in Texas I believe.  Nepa is really good friends with him. Perhaps you can ask Nepa to email him for some history on it.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 10:32:16 PM »
Thanks SD, I'm going to have to get some starter and give it a try.

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 12:26:11 PM »
I paid the big price through amazon as I could not find one here in Canada. I just said hey I spend money on a lot of dumb stuff but this is one of the better ones I have bought.

oh heavenly the best food . fresh bread and butter (some crispy bacon will help )
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 09:35:47 PM »
Hey, Devo, can you help us out here?
My wife bakes a lot of bread - usually using her bread machine to mix the dough before taking it out to rise then bake in the oven.

I bought her a cloche like yours - kinda low and long...not round.

We seasoned the bottom with vegetable oil.  The instructions said "don't season the cover", so we didn't. 

We baked standard white bread in it today and it was BAD.  1. the bread didn't cook thru  2. the dough stuck to the cover

Are we supposed to season the cover as well as the bottom?  I want her bread to turn out like yours.

Thanks...
<><

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 11:37:59 PM »
Nice lookin bread Ahron.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 06:16:32 AM »
Nice lookin bread Ahron.

Nice to know Ahron is making my bread now

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »
Hey, Devo, can you help us out here?
My wife bakes a lot of bread - usually using her bread machine to mix the dough before taking it out to rise then bake in the oven.

I bought her a cloche like yours - kinda low and long...not round.

We seasoned the bottom with vegetable oil.  The instructions said "don't season the cover", so we didn't. 

We baked standard white bread in it today and it was BAD.  1. the bread didn't cook thru  2. the dough stuck to the cover

Are we supposed to season the cover as well as the bottom?  I want her bread to turn out like yours.

Thanks...
Jaxon..season the entire inside of the cloche. I found that out too. You guys are gonna be experts real soon. I only rinse mine with hot water and let it completely dry before using..You don't wanna use it wet.. just go for it. We should have a cook off at the gathering for baked bread. Nobody doesn't like bread.  I'll bring lots of butter, real butter.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 08:48:08 AM »
Pam, I  rubbed some oil in it and it soaked right in. Didn't want to overdo it.

How much oil does it take...and should we put it in the oven after oiling like cast iron?
Just a few more details please and thank you.
<><