Author Topic: Time to brew again!  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Smokerjunky

Time to brew again!
« Reply #-1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:26:44 PM »
The weather is warming up, the home brew goes great with BBQ and this fridge doesn't look like this anymore (it was a long winter)

It is time to go brew another batch of our own label home brew!!

Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Time to brew again!
« on: May 21, 2014, 03:27:51 PM »
Great label. Are you taking orders?  ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:29:08 PM »
Oh that looks soooo good, especially at summertime.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 03:30:43 PM »
YUMM!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 03:31:34 PM »
Oh that looks soooo good, especially at summertime.  ;)

Thanks Cajun - I am particularly fond of the Citra Hops - it gives a great hint of citrus during the dry hop process.
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 03:38:44 PM »
Very cool looking.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Pappymn

Time to brew again!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 05:13:56 PM »
Nice hobby
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Sandman

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »
Cool labels, I have never had the citra hops. My favorite are prob centenials. I haven't brewed in 7 years :'(

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 05:52:05 PM »
Cool labels, I have never had the citra hops. My favorite are prob centenials. I haven't brewed in 7 years :'(

Sandman you need to get back at it  :) 

We use Simcoe, Northern Brewer, and Summit during the brew and dry hop with the Citra for that summertime citrus kick!  There are a few IPA's out there that use the Citra and I would encourage you to try a beer with the Citra variety.

I will certainly check out the Centenials when we go brew next weekend.  Thanks for the shout-out on that.
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »
What a great label, SmokerJunky, very professional looking!   The Pacific Northwest sure is an amazing area for hops and homebrewing in general, isn't it?  I'm lucky to have a few friends who do some incredible home brews, since my hobby and to-do list is far too long already. :)

Do you know about what IBUs your Imperial Pale runs? 
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 08:19:02 PM »
YUMM!

I'll double down that YUMM!
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 12:43:26 AM »
What a great label, SmokerJunky, very professional looking!   The Pacific Northwest sure is an amazing area for hops and homebrewing in general, isn't it?  I'm lucky to have a few friends who do some incredible home brews, since my hobby and to-do list is far too long already. :)

Do you know about what IBUs your Imperial Pale runs?

Yes we have some great craft beers and a lot of brew pubs here. IPA's have become very popular. I don't have an actual IBU rating on HB but I would compare it to about a 65 based on similar beers.

Thanks for the feedback on the label   :)
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 04:53:35 PM »
Mmmmmm!  Sounds like you've got a nice balance with the citrusy hop flavors! 

I love a hearty IPA, but some of the "hop-heads" around the Portland area here can get a little out of control with their IBU pissing contests, and seem to forget that there's more to IPAs than just the numbers. 

MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 05:42:09 PM »
Mmmmmm!  Sounds like you've got a nice balance with the citrusy hop flavors! 

I love a hearty IPA, but some of the "hop-heads" around the Portland area here can get a little out of control with their IBU pissing contests, and seem to forget that there's more to IPAs than just the numbers.

If you are from the Portland (It good to see someone else here from the PNW) area maybe you have had the Black Raven Trickster IPA or the Elysian Immortal IPA (a couple of my favorites behind Hoppy Bastard of course!) - our beer is similar to those.  The Trickster is a 68 IBU and the Immortal is a 54 IBU.  Being an Imperial our beer tends to have a stronger citrus palet aided by dry hopping with Citra Hops.  I agree that there is certainly more to a good Imperial Pale or IPA than just the IBU rating.
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit