Author Topic: The Green Koolaide  (Read 714 times)

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Re: The Green Koolaide
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 04:57:23 PM »
We have to be careful here or we will turn into one of those other sites I keep hearing about  ;)
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »
I think the strength of the BGE is it's loyal following. Like Weber, or even Char-Broil when you have a LOT of users that are willing to share their experiences, tips, tricks, modifications, and recipes - you will get a very "regard" for the product being used. Then - you have a strong fan base, so can be self -reinforcing...as long as the product is perceived as better than any potential flaws or weaknesses.

Ceramic cookers have been around a long time - and folks still like using them - so there is something to say about that! ;D

I agree with Tim about the loyal following. I have been a Weber person for years and I like my Webers. But I guess I "outgrew" the obsession that there aren't any better cookers than the Weber. You can see by my signature what I am cooking on. Yes I still have 4 Webers and love them, but I will cook on other grills that are IMHO just as good or better. I rarely go to the Weber forum anymore as I found that my home is HERE and any type of cooker is welcome.  Though, I must add, that the more I see of the other cookers, especially the Kamado's I am itching to try out one of them. I want the Primo, my wallet says NO..  ;) So I may just have to follow Jaxon and buy an Akorn.  8) But in reality it is not the cooker, it's the cook!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 07:36:23 AM »
When I seen green koolaid I thought of this party i went to in 1972.  They had a green punch bowl.  I only had 2 glasses of green koolaid.  You ever read the book "koolaid acid test".  It was like that.   Great party.

Thanks LA for thinking of me.   If I get weird with the BGE just send me back to the punch bowl.  But i hear that the BGE does produce the best food after my weber.
Congratulations on the cooker!
It's going to be a lot of fun.
I wouldn't pick on you if I wasn't Jealous  ::)
Thanks for being a good sport!

But just think, LA, he could have had AN AKORN like OURS!!     ;)

Just sayin '....
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!