Author Topic: last cook on my PBC  (Read 5138 times)

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
Re: last cook on my PBC
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 08:21:33 AM »
Sorry Spark.. great cook as well!!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
last cook on my PBC
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 10:10:42 AM »
Man, that looks good! Don't know how I missed this one.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 11:01:58 AM »
Ya ever consider keeping it to be just used as a chicken cooker?  Before you unload it, do a couple chicken halves...cause I haven't found anything that can cook chicken like the PBC.............
I've never found anything that cooks any bird better than a CB SRG

Jack - I will bet you any amount of money - that if you cook a chicken on  PBC - your SRG will become your 2nd choice. No kidding! There is just something really amazing at how GREAT the chicken from a PBC is. And - I love my SRG, and would have felt as you do...until I got a PBC, and cooked a chicken in it. Amazing, and nothing short of that.
If you will drag up, and come to the fall gathering - I will bring my PBC to show you the difference.
What is this fall gathering you speak of???

Here is a thread about it - ( http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=2357.msg24531#msg24531 ) but if you search "Fall Gathering" there are others. We need Canadian representatives Scally. It is a great family oriented event in one of the most beautiful places you can imagine. Tall GA. pines, on a magnificent lake, great kitchen facility, cabins and bunkhouse - just a great time to gather among friends, cook, converse, and - even learn some things. Last year We had a number of sponsors that donated items that we raffled off to help pay for the event, and I hope we can garner the same level of support this year as well.
Not a competition, just a truly fun camping/cooking event.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 04:16:47 PM »
I have had both Big Easy and PBC chicken and they are both fantastic. The skin on the TBE chicken is really crispy and good but the chicken from the PBC is more juicy IMHO.

I agree, muebe - plus the PBC has that great "charcoal" fired taste. Actually I like them both ways - so they both have a place on my deck.

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
last cook on my PBC
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 04:22:38 PM »
I have had both Big Easy and PBC chicken and they are both fantastic. The skin on the TBE chicken is really crispy and good but the chicken from the PBC is more juicy IMHO.

I agree, muebe - plus the PBC has that great "charcoal" fired taste. Actually I like them both ways - so they both have a place on my deck.

David
I have them both also and they both turn out a great product. I do love that charcoal flavor 

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline Tinnmel

• Portsmouth, VA
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »
I agree that they both turn out fantastic chicken.  However, that charcoal flavor to me is like a seasoning.  I like it every now and then, but I don't want to use the same seasoning everytime I cook chicken.  The SRG allows for different flavors.  That's why you need both.  (But if you can only have one, I pick the SRG.)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 04:58:26 PM »
I have both..I just prefer the taste of charcoal - vs - propane. I like the slight edge of convenience for the SRG - but if it is just a "taste thing" - PBC every time for me.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 05:40:45 PM »
I have both..I just prefer the taste of charcoal - vs - propane. I like the slight edge of convenience for the SRG - but if it is just a "taste thing" - PBC every time for me.

For chicken and pulled pork (the two things I am trying to wear my PBC out on) I am totally with you. I love the charcoal or fire flavor vs. propane. Although I do give the skin to SRG. But I am still sold on my SRG for wings. I can make a zillion of them - easily, reliably, and deliciously. So once again BOTH of these cookers have earned a spot on my deck. The other cookers are trembling....

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Sam3

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 06:01:37 PM »
Dang...sorry to see it go sparky. I don't know how I could live without my PBC at this point. It comes out alot..
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker