Author Topic: Corn on the cob recipes  (Read 1290 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Corn on the cob recipes
« Reply #-1 on: August 08, 2014, 08:35:38 AM »
Right now fresh corn on the cob is readily available.  There are many ways to grill and cook it and I'm always looking for different ways.  The other day my local newspaper, The Augusta Chronicle,  published  a number of recipes for corn on the cob. Some in the  oven and some on the grill.  I have not tried all of them but that doesn't stop me from sharing them with y'all.

BLUE CHEESE CHIVE BUTTER:  Mash together 4 tablespoons softenbutter with 4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese.  Stir in 2 table spoons finely chopped chives and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.  Spread on hot corn on the cob.

OLD BAY Boil:  Bring large pot of water to a boil. Season heavily with OLD BAY.  Boil husked ears until tender, about 5 minutes.Serve with butter and additional sprinkle of Old Bay.

CHILI LIME:  Spread cooked ears of corn on a platter.  Sprinkle with fresh lime juice, finely grated lime zest, ground cumin, minced serrano chili and salt.

SPREADABLE BACON:  Cook 1 slice of bacon per ear of corn.  Crumble the bacon and process in a food processer until finely chopped.  Add 1 T of butter per ear, a pinch of salt and pepper and 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar.  Spread on hot corn.

HERB VINAIGRETTE:  In a small bowl whisk together 1 T Dijon Mustard, 3 T red wine vinegar, a heft pinch of salt and black pepper, 3 T olive oil and 2 T chopped fresh thyme.  Drizzle on corn.

TOASTED ALMOND AND TARRAGON:  Spread 1/2 cup ground almonds on a rimmed baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees until golden and toasted, about 8 minutes.  Allow to cool.  Mix in 2 T finely chopped fresh tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt.  Coat each hot earn with butter then roll in the almond-tarragon mixture.

TOASTED MARSHMALLOW:  Husk 6 ears of corn, skewer with long skewers and coat lightly with cooking spray.  Grill over medium-high heat until tender and highly charred, turning frequently.  Spread each ear with a couple of tablespoons of marshmallow spread (Fluff).  Turn the grill flame up (or use a camp fire) and toast the marshmallow on all sides.

SMOKED FETA AND PEPPER:  Finely crumble 1/2 cup smoked feta cheese.  Mix in 2T finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers.  Coat each hot ear of corn with butter then roll in the cheese and pepper mixture.

JERK GRILLED:;  Whisk together 1T water and 2T molasses.  Using a pastry brush, lightly coat four ears of corn with the molasses mixture.  Sprinkle with purchased or homemade jerk seasoning.  Grill over indirect heat until tender.

SAFFRON AND OLIVE CREAM: Mix 2 T minced Kalamata olives, 2 T minced green olives, a pinch of saffron and a pinch of black pepper into 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese.  Spread over hot corn.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Corn on the cob recipes
« on: August 08, 2014, 09:10:28 AM »
I would add Elote (Mexican grilled corn) to that list.  Butter, mayo, cojita cheese, lime (and whatever else you want on it).
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 09:22:40 AM »
Good post Dee, some nice recipes to try. For myself I don't care for grilled especially without the husks. My favorite cooking method is steaming in the husks. I remove several outer husks to get to clean ones, trim off both ends with kitchen shears then soak in water with a couple handfuls of salt at least two hours before cooking. I have a turkey fryer pot w/basket that works good as a steamer. I put water in the bottom until it comes to the basket, throw on my outdoor gas burner with lid as soon as steam starts coming out put the corn in and cook 15 to 18 minutes. You can turn off the burner and hold a while until some grilled food is done.

You may need pot holders or gloves to help remove the husks, the silk comes right off easily. You will have the most tender corn you ever ate! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
Cool list Dee!

The blue cheese chute butter sounds really good. I like to grill my corn basted with unsalted butter, sugar and smoked kosher salt then wrapped in foil. When the sugars start to caramelize a bit they are done.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »
Great post, Dee - thanks! I may have to try the marshmallow for the girls on their next bonfire - just 'cause....  ::) ::) ??? ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline N. Ontario Smoker

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »
Nice post.....Bookmarked
"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for bad hunter.

Fred

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 10:46:44 AM »
That Saffron and Olive Cream gotta be the most expensive corn on the cob.
I must try it.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 12:10:47 PM »
Great post Dee! Bookmarked!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 12:29:20 PM »
Nice list, I'm thinking of a hybrid of the BLUE CHEESE CHIVE BUTTER and SPREADABLE BACON would be good to. ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)