Author Topic: Smoked cheese in a Brinkmann Bullet with amazen smoker  (Read 1444 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Smoked cheese in a Brinkmann Bullet with amazen smoker
« Reply #-1 on: July 05, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »
Saw a post about Brinkmann problems.Here is another way I use mine.Note cheese stores much better vacuum packed vrs plastic wrap.Keep temps below 84F maximum.
========================

OK,the spuds cheese is in the smoker. Ambient temp 66F,smoker temp 64F,alarm set at 84F.

The a maze n smoker is fired up....
http://www.amazenproducts.com/Default.asp

Kept heating up to 80's in 20 minutes or so... so I added to a ziplock bag a couple trays ice cubes and placed that in the water pan,steady 64 F.

Ive got pepper jack,mozzarella and after one hour added a small block of cream cheese and that will be in about 90 minutes.

First pics......1.25 hours....already seeing action on the edges,dont know if pics will show that...

2.75 hours on the cream cheese total time....

The mozzarella cut,can see a bit of color and tastes nice....

All done after 3.75 hours and ready for the refer for 14 days....

===================================
Making more cheese,ambient temp 46 degrees so not even bothering with smoker temps,know its well below 84F

Using Cherry and Apple dust.You can see what a 5 lb bag looks like...

This is the first row of 2/3rds Apple and 1/3rd Cherry,use less cherry because it doesnt burn as well....The second row was what was left of hickory after a 3.75 hour smoke so you can see how economical this smoker is (burned up first row and started the second).I wont be lighting that second row.

2lbs each of Tillamook Medium Cheddar and Pepperjack.I sliced it like this because slices coming off will be just right for triscuits style crackers

2.5 hours later.4 lbs cheese ready to age in refer for 2 weeks.

=======================
Making cherry smoked cream cheese,mozz on bottom,its about 45 outside and damp,will do about 2 hours,mozz and jack on lower rack will get 4 hours.

todays cheese,4 hours for the blocks,2.5 hours on the cream cheese.

Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.