Author Topic: BKK 2000  (Read 678 times)

Offline Smokin-Canuck

BKK 2000
« Reply #-1 on: August 08, 2014, 04:24:44 PM »
Hey guys/gals

The forum is for ceramic but it seemed like the best place for the question. A local Home Depot has a BKK 2000 on for $499.00. There's one in a box, and one on the floor. Once the box is sold, the floor unit may even go cheaper.

I wouldn't pay full kick for one of these and actually prefer the 4000 for the added features. But at $499....may not be a bad deal.

I've owned a ceramic so I'm not new to kamado cooking. Wondering if any members here use a Bubba, BSK or BKK and how do you like them? I've heard they get up to temp faster than ceramics but can be a bear to keep low and slow consistently. I'd still need a diffuser but the Broil King kit looks not up to the job.....has anyone used the BGE plate setter and with what results?

Thanks in advance.
Weber Performer Platinum
WSM 18.5
Weber Q320/Q200
Weber Smokey Joe Silver
WSM Mini
......I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are.

Offline Braddymac

Re: BKK 2000
« on: August 08, 2014, 06:04:15 PM »
My Akorn hold low and slow like a digital oven.  Bring it up to temp, settle it in, and it goes all day.  fWIW.  Good luck!

Offline Eatin Smoke

Re: BKK 2000
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »
Sounds like a good deal to me.  I have 3 BSK's but wouldn't pay what they are asking for them now (@$800 or so).  Don't have the BGE Platesetter but I've heard they work well.....other options are available also, if you're looking for a diffuser.