Author Topic: Scotts & Kens Wangs  (Read 3255 times)

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
Scotts & Kens Wangs
« Reply #-1 on: July 02, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »
Here is how the Scotts looks. Has spices and red pepper in it already, its does have a kick to it.

Might as well do half the other way with a recipe "receipt" even a noob can follow  :o

Gotta love the Tupperware marinade containers.

Rest in the fridge for while then into some smoke.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Re: Scotts & Kens Wangs
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »
Looking good Rick, I like to tip my wings so they dont fly away  8)  :D. I ALWAYS make them in the SRG.
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »
Wow Rick  from somebody that did not like wings ,you do yummy wings now .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:42:21 PM »
Gots the wangs done.

Scotts on the right, Kens left.

How bouts a few to try.

Yum

Mmmmm not bad.

Rather good.

So as i was getting ready to stuff my pie hole with more wangs, I remembered a couple weeks ago when i made them and my wife asked where is the wangs?  Ummm i eats em all.... :o     Thanks for saving me some   >:(

So i said SELF

Being traumatized by them chickens when ya was a kid aint nothing to having wife mad at ya again.

So in the bowl and fridge for my wife to enjoy wangs.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 07:20:26 PM »
those look real good.  luv me some wangs.... :P
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Ron D

• Fire up the grill or smoker and get cooking
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
Looks like some really wings. Have not seen the Ken's Wing sauce yet but will look for it and give it a try during football season.
And good move keeping Mama happy cause if she ain't happy nobody's happy.
The Big Easy
Jenn-Air 5 burner grill
Brinkman Offset smoker
Brinkman Smoke and Go
MES 30 inch

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:59:25 PM »
Love the wingies  :P
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Wing Commander

• Visit my BBQ-Blog!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 01:20:35 AM »
Both of them look great!

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »
I told my wife about your Scott's wangs.  She loves the Scott's on my pulled poke.  Now I need to get some wangs and marinade them in the Scott's.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Tenpoint5

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 09:10:38 AM »
Your learning!! Them women folk can get mighty nasty when they pissed not to mention hungry and pissed!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »
Well, I found some Scott's at the Food Lion the otrher day.  Picked up some wangs and put them in a gallon baggy with some Scott's.  I had planned on cooking them last night, but we went to a 4th party at our pool and all I did was drink beer.  By the time we got home it was too late to even think about cooking, much less eating.  So I cooked the wangs tonight on my MAK.  They were in the marinade for about 30 hours.  May have been a little too long.  There was definitely some bite in them.  My wife didn't like them as much as she does with the Scott's on her pulled pork.  I asked her to get the blue cheese dressing out, figuring  that the blue cheese was what was needed.  I started eating and didn't try the dressing until I was almost finished.  I liked the, with just a little salt and pepper.  When I tried the dressing I said, "Now that is some lame blue cheese dressing!"  I looked closer at the jar.  It was light Dukes mayonnaise!!!  Damn right it was lame.  Both jars had a blue top.  Still no excuse, but it was kind of funny!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Tenpoint5

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 08:22:18 AM »
Well, I found some Scott's at the Food Lion the otrher day.  Picked up some wangs and put them in a gallon baggy with some Scott's.  I had planned on cooking them last night, but we went to a 4th party at our pool and all I did was drink beer.  By the time we got home it was too late to even think about cooking, much less eating.  So I cooked the wangs tonight on my MAK.  They were in the marinade for about 30 hours.  May have been a little too long.  There was definitely some bite in them.  My wife didn't like them as much as she does with the Scott's on her pulled pork.  I asked her to get the blue cheese dressing out, figuring  that the blue cheese was what was needed.  I started eating and didn't try the dressing until I was almost finished.  I liked the, with just a little salt and pepper.  When I tried the dressing I said, "Now that is some lame blue cheese dressing!"  I looked closer at the jar.  It was light Dukes mayonnaise!!!  Damn right it was lame.  Both jars had a blue top.  Still no excuse, but it was kind of funny!

Art

Sounds like there may have been some residual alcohol involved in this whole process or maybe some newly introduced alcohol!!! ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!