Other Cooking Equipment > Cast Iron & Campfire Cooking

Starting small with Cast Iron

(1/8) > >>

SmokinKat:
Y'all have piqued my curiosity with the cast iron cooking (I have a Lodge dutch oven, but it's the ceramic coated kind), so I decided to test the waters with a set of small cast iron pans I found on Amazon for $30, and a couple small jars of coconut oil just to get started. 

The pans say they're pre-seasoned, but I'm going to go ahead and do the seasoning process anyway for good measure.   There is a 6 1/2", 8 1/2" and 10 1/2"  (basically xx small, xsmall and small)  so I'm going to try them out with some things and get a little practice before going for a "real" skillet.  I figure at $10 each, if all else fails I can hang them on the wall, and James will be able to judge how pissed off I am by which size I grab to whollop him with.  ??? 

I also cracked open the coconut oil and put some on as lotion...  Only problem is my dang pups won't quit licking my feet and elbows long enough for any to soak in!!  Sure does smell good, though, and I'm excited to try it for cooking.  Thinking I'll use the tiny tiny skillet to cook an egg in coconut oil for breakfast this weekend.   

spuds:
Very good Kat! ;)

hikerman:
Nice grab Kat!  We love to take our cast iron camping. There's nothing like a good hearty breakfast out of them in the bush!

spuds:
Besides,cant be a homesteader without it. :)

Its rule #7 IIRC.

sliding_billy:
You will love the CI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version