Author Topic: Brisket in the WSM  (Read 5318 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: Brisket in the WSM
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 07:10:49 PM »
If you drape  brisket ( or rib slabs ) over something like a 3 lb coffee can it will fit on a smaller surface

Looks like I'm going to be in the market for another cooker soon.  ;D
8) 8) 8) 8)
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 07:20:10 PM »
Great looking Brisket!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 09:19:55 PM »
Looks Awesome LVC, I miss me some brisket!!

Offline CaptJack

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 09:31:29 PM »
most excellent
King of the OldSmokey

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 02:09:28 PM »
If you drape  brisket ( or rib slabs ) over something like a 3 lb coffee can it will fit on a smaller surface

I agree to a point, the packers I was looking at in Sam's Club were about 3 foot long.  If I was to bend one that long in a 18.5 WSM it might be hitting the top of the lid.   Of course I could use the lower grate to clear the lid but that would be one helleva bend. Believe me I thought of that when I was looking at them but these packers were much bigger than my 18.5 WSM could handle.  Looks like I'm going to be in the market for another cooker soon.  ;D

I don't own one, but everyone seems to really love the PBC . . .

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »
how did  i missed  this  i don't know .
i looks so moist and juicy , i will be happy with a slice or two .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 01:28:56 AM »

I agree to a point, the packers I was looking at in Sam's Club were about 3 foot long.  If I was to bend one that long in a 18.5 WSM it might be hitting the top of the lid.   Of course I could use the lower grate to clear the lid but that would be one helleva bend. Believe me I thought of that when I was looking at them but these packers were much bigger than my 18.5 WSM could handle.  Looks like I'm going to be in the market for another cooker soon.  ;D

BD

I recently added a PBC to my outdoor kitchen, so far I have done chicken and ribs in it, great results too.  I will have to try the whole packer in it also. ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Big Dawg

• The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »

BD

I recently added a PBC to my outdoor kitchen, so far I have done chicken and ribs in it, great results too.  I will have to try the whole packer in it also. ;)

And, of course, you'll be posting more pic, right ???

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »

BD

And, of course, you'll be posting more pic, right ???

BD

U-Betcha!!! ;D

And wouldn't you know it, yesterday I was in Sam's Club and they were out of whole packer's, they had flats only.   :(

Will have to go back another day, or go over to COSTCO, and get me one.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Big Dawg

• The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 05:08:55 PM »

U-Betcha!!! ;D

And wouldn't you know it, yesterday I was in Sam's Club and they were out of whole packer's, they had flats only.   :(

Will have to go back another day, or go over to COSTCO, and get me one.  ;)

Recently, I've had trouble getting Full Packers at Sam's.

Two cooks ago, my usual Sam's only had a 9 pounder and one that was almost 20 lbs.  I kept checking and the finally got more in four days later.

This last cook, my usual Sam's didn't have any and the meat manager said that he hadn't seen one come off the truck in almost a week.  They were even able to check and the truck taht was coming in the next morning didn't have one either.  I called the other two local stores and did find a store with some.  They only had two, fortunately one of them was right at 15 lbs., the size I like to cook in competition.

Hub turned me on to a place called Restaurant Depot that, hopefully, is a more consistent supplier.  I'm planning tho check them out soon.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

Offline Pappymn

Brisket in the WSM
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 05:43:26 PM »
Clear some freezer space before you go to RD. carnivore candy store 8)
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline catinatree

• Boulder, Colorado
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 06:51:19 PM »
I'm defiantly inspired by everyones great cooks here, some serious eats, and at the same time a bit daunting to come close to this level of perfection !

Well done to everyone, even the photos are better than you think !!!!
GMG Daniel Boone
Southwest Discada 24" Rio Grande
Discada tri-pod burner
PolyScience Sous Vide

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 06:58:33 PM »
You'll like restaurant depot.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.