Recipes > Sous Vide Recipes

Turkey Breast

(1/5) > >>

drholly:
Big sale at the local Cub store - scored on a half turkey breast, chuck roast and bone in / skin on chicken breasts. Some portioning and freezing, but tonight is turkey!

This is a work in progress...

First the skin had to come off the turkey breast. Have you ever noticed, when you want the skin to stay ON it comes off... when you want t to come off, it fights every part of the way...  ??? Stay tuned to how the skin will be used.

Then dusted the breast with Mo Rockin' Chicken - Emma loves that stuff! Then into the bag and into the bath at 145*F. Letting it go for about 3 hours. I left the bone in to see if it adds flavor - but I have nothing to benchmark against, so who knows...  ::)

Mixed up a batch of KAF Maple Corn Bread and made some mini loaves. The bread just came out of the oven (no pic.) It is not sweet, any southerner would like it. You don't really taste the maple, but you smell it - very nice. KAF mixes are pretty darn good.

Will add more pics when the turkey and fixings are done.

[attachments deleted after 6 months]

Pappymn:
They are selling half a bone in breast? May have to make a trip

sliding_billy:
Getting hungry.

drholly:
Funny thing is, I didn't realize it was bone in - probably should have looked closer...  ;D :-[ ;D But, it was on sale for $1.89 / # - couldn't resist. Cooking it bone in and then de-bone to serve.

drholly:
The turkey is done and eaten... Some good points and some really bad points...  ;D ;D :-[ ??? ::) ::) ::)

First the good - the turkey breast was absolutely the best I have ever had. It was so juicy / moist flavorful - unbelievable. I will always make turkey breasts this way. BTW, Emma is right - Mo Rockin' Chicken is the bomb! Not salty, just a great flavor.

Matched the turkey up with some bog standard potatoes, dressing and cranberry sauce. Most of the sides were left alone and the turkey was killed! Hub, I did have gravy and typically use a gallon or so to soften the turkey. In this case - on the turkey - no gravy was needed. It was so moist and juicy. Wow!

Bone in 1/2 turkey breast - skinned (planned to crisp the skin in the oven - (yeah that didn't work.) 144*F for 3 hours
Fried some sage leaves - they crisp up faster than you might expect - fail
Plated picture - not great - kids were yelling for dinner...  ;D ;D ;D
Regular mashed potatoes, dressing and gravy - all fine
KAF Maple Cornbread mini loafs - very nice!

Verdict - Sous Vide Turkey - Home Run!
Special items - Strike Out!

Meal - very good.

[attachments deleted after 6 months]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version