Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Food Safety Issues

crock-pot broke ??? in the middle of the night

(1/2) > >>

Tailgating is my game:
Last night my wife puts into our crock-pot a beef stew at 11:PM. At 1:30  she turns down the cooker to low before going to bed so that it will be ready in the morning. She wakes at 6:30 am & does not smell anything ???  She then checks the pot & it is only warm & the stew is not cooked. I come down & do a temp on it & it shows F. I play around with the unit  & a few hours later it is at 175.. not sure what happened but maybe somehow the dial was stuck between the two settings  turned itself off or low stopped working.

BUT

Anyway is it safe to eat??? I say no because how long was it off but I hate to toss it out.

What say you????   Thanks

TentHunteR:
It's sure a lot cheaper to replace a meal than a trip to the hospital.  I'd be throwing it out.

drholly:

--- Quote from: Tailgating is my game on March 20, 2015, 06:41:10 PM --- I come down & do a temp on it & it shows F.
BUT
Anyway is it safe to eat??? I say no because how long was it off but I hate to toss it out.
What say you????   Thanks

--- End quote ---

What was the temp? I would be thinking it is cheaper to toss it and start over vs. a trip to the emergency room....  ;)

Tailgating is my game:
sorry folks it was there now gone lol   98f

smokeasaurus:
Chuckin it beats chuckin up  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version