Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Cooking Equipment - Tips

mods, cheats, and ideas

(1/5) > >>

teesquare:
No matter what kind of equipment you use - there is at least ONE thing that you would like to see the manufacturer change or improve. Or something that you have done, or are planning to do - or questions about what to do - and you would like some suggestions and input from others.

Let's hear about it!

smokeasaurus:
Where do I start :o

30" CB Electric Smoker: put a handle on the smoker box and change the holder that holds the smoker box so it sits closer to the heating element.

Weber Smokey Mountain: charcoal ring should be attatched to the charcoal grate. Handles should be added to the main body ( not for the hot squat but for ease of cleaning when dissassembling)

Weber Kettle: higher arch on the lid for clearance for turkeys and ham

Good One Open Range: instead of the side loading ash tray, make it front loading.

OK I feel better now 8)

smokeasaurus:
You got a classic BBQ there Captain

TMB:
OH boy did you open a good thread!

The new version of the SRG needs a few things.
First...  Close off the side vent (heat raises not flows sideways)  add a 4 to 5 in movable vent to the top of the lid (like mine)
Second..   Add an adjustable vent to the smoker box, the way it's made now the chips/pellets don't burn complete and you will not get enough smoke.     
Third make an easy out basket for the SRG not just TBE
The BEESR
Add an adjustable door to the smoker box so the chips/pellets will burn more complete.

DCBE...  OH that's my smoker  8)    MAKE IT!

teesquare:
All of these are good ideas that surely have come from frustrations and burnt fingers ;)

One gripe I have is that no manufacturers put the thermometers where the cooking goes on, near the grate at "meat level". They all put them up high. Heat rises. So - those readings are never what the meat is experiencing.
I know we all use any one of a number of better type thermometers - but, if the oven temp was more accurate - it would be easier to predict our cooking times with less hassle.

Just sayin....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version