Author Topic: Sirloin Fajita Bowls  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Sirloin Fajita Bowls
« Reply #-1 on: June 20, 2015, 11:04:57 PM »
Jun 20 2015

Sliding Billy had a nice day and cooked up a mess of meat. Some of the rain he sent this way missed us so we had a decent day to cook out. I was glad of that for a while I thought I was going to have to cook inside. It gave me a chance to try out my new Camp Chef burner.

My wife went with the kids this am to see the grandson play in soccer tournament. Me and the dog made a food run to my Mothers.

I spotted these soft flour tortillas shaped like a bowl and got some to try. I had two pieces of sirloin tip steaks and I grilled them on my Weber Spirit on Grillen Grates and for once used the correct side. I got them in some marinade after getting back from my Moms. My marinade was ¼ cup olive oil, and filled the ¼ cup ¾ full of lime juice, a rounded teaspoon of chili powder, ½ teaspoon cumin, a teaspoon of sugar, a pinch of red pepper flakes, garlic flakes, salt and fresh ground pepper. I made it on the mild side for my wife. The sirloin was in the marinade for 4 hours.

The other ingredients for the fajitas was, sliced red, green, yellow and orange peppers and some sliced onions all sautéed, salsa, crumbled Queso fresco cheese and sour cream.

I had everything ready to go and my Weber on med. at 400 deg. I added some olive oil to my DeBuyer skillet and started the peppers sautéing on the gas burner. I wrapped two of the bowls in foil and on the grill to heat up as I did the steaks. I did the steaks 1 1/2 minutes turned 90 deg. trying for nice grill marks and the same on the other side a total of 6 minutes. I took it all inside to make up the bowls. I would have been better off not worrying about grill marks and 4 minutes would have been better. The steaks were medium but still tasted great.

The bowls were so full we had to eat with a knife and fork.  They make for a nice display but I would prefer round flour tortillas to fold up. It was a great mix of flavors but after one bite I added some Cholula chili lime sauce to mine for some heat.

I was happy with the Camp Chef burner, it had great heat control and was able to get a little brown on the peppers and onions without getting them too soft.

A little hot sauce and it was just right!

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Pappymn

Sirloin Fajita Bowls
« on: June 20, 2015, 11:27:44 PM »
Looks fantastic SD
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Sirloin Fajita Bowls
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 11:54:11 PM »
We love fajitas here at our house.  I've made them before and put over a baked potato.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 11:56:34 PM »
Those look good! Haven't seen the "bowls" before - will have to look for them - thanks!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 12:25:05 AM »
dang now i want a fajita!
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 08:03:01 AM »
Another fine cook Don! Fajitas look mighty tasty!  :P

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 08:09:23 AM »
Tasty!  Tasty!!  Tasty!!!

Plate me, Don!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 10:30:07 AM »
Never seen that!

Looks delicious!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Wing Commander

• Visit my BBQ-Blog!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 01:37:39 PM »
Nice meal!