FORUM SPONSORS > Steak Cookoff Association - "Building the Sport of Steak Cookoffs"

SCA Competition Steak Practice & Rub Trials

<< < (3/3)

Palmyrasteak:
Hey! Happy to see your interested in cooking at some steak competitions  ;D.  That is a really good looking steak! Nice appearance and doneness. When working on the TEXTURE part of the judging, this is where you see if it cut easily or not. ( you don't want to have to "SAW" it to cut it.) Next as you chew your steak, you don't want a lot of gristle. And remember, the judges won't have a $100 steak knife. ???  They will be using a plastic knife and fork.
If I can help in ANY way to get you ( or anybody else  ;) ) started, just let me know. It's a lot of fun and you will meet some nice people from around the World cooking steaks.
Also, be sure to check out the Steak Cookoff Association. Go to a Judges class and get more of the scoop on how it works. Good luck, and hope to see you at a competition in 2016!

TwoPockets:
I would also be interested in knowing what judges look for, but at home a steak cooked on a cast iron griddle is always a winner.

Big Dawg:

--- Quote from: CDN Smoker on December 05, 2015, 12:00:06 AM ---You cook and I'll keep tasting till ya get'er right, no matter how long it takes ;D

--- End quote ---

X2

BD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version