Author Topic: Pork on Sale at Cub  (Read 1075 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Pork on Sale at Cub
« Reply #-1 on: December 05, 2015, 04:37:21 PM »
I was at Cub (local supermarket) the other day - they were running a nice sale on pork. I picked up a good size center cut loin and a Chef's Cut Prime Loin Roast for just $.99 a pound!

I am cooking the roast right now in Sous Vide just used salt & pepper to season as I will finish on the grill or in a pan to get a nice crust and make some pan sauce to go with it. Will roast some winter veg for a side.

I cut the center cut loin into some thick cut chops and put in the freezer for another day.

MMMMM MMMM sounds like good eating!

[attachment deleted by admin]
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: Pork on Sale at Cub
« on: December 05, 2015, 05:03:05 PM »
Watching......
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 11:32:05 AM »
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »
OOOPS!...  ??? ??? ::) ::) Fell asleep - let the loin go overnight... Next morning I wasn't sure what to do, so I put a bunch of ice in large bowl and added cold water... took the loin in bag out of the spa and put in the ice bath and then in the fridge... hoped to "save it."

Late this afternoon, I re-heated the spa to 140* and when it came to temp put the bag with the loin back in - a bit worried about over-cooking, but what the heck - worth a try...

Checked the meat after about an hour, it was at 140*. So, I put the chopped veg (new potatoes, purple potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, and garlic) with olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary in the oven at 450* (already made some canned biscuits at 350* earlier.)

Put a cast iron skillet on the stove and got it screaming hot - added some plain olive oil and browned the roast on all sides. Used the juices to make a lemon basil cream pan sauce plated it up.

The roast was not as pretty as I would have liked and the sauce is very white so does not show well in the pics... but it WAS very tasty... Even with all the cooking in the SV - it was NOT mushy and had a good firm bite with a nice med rare appearance and taste.

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:40:07 AM »

Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven