MEMBER VIDEOS > Backyard Jack

Outside the Fire Butler Box...Two ideas

(1/4) > >>

Jaxon:
Just had a couple of ideas to run past you guys.  You know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I had these ideas I couldn't shake. 

Take a look and share YOUR ideas:

drholly:
I tell ya, the Backyard Jack line needs to be introduced one of these days...

The wok idea looks very good - I have a Discada I use as a wok on my Weber - love using it - great heat and the little bit of a charcoal flavor is great. I think your plan makes good sense. I aso have a cast iron wok I use on my SRG that works perfectly.

Can't speak to the second as I don't have a stick burner (yet...)

Good luck - look forward to the results.

tlg4942:
 I like the idea in your offset. I thought about it in my tank . I have a small square grill pan I use inside the tank now when I want it to cook hotter than smoking temps. This might extend the burn time for me. and maintain a nice steady temp.
 Good Idea...

tlg4942:
Weber makes a grate with a hole in the middle for accessories. Maybe the wok would sit in that hole...?...
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-8835-Gourmet-System-Cooking/dp/B0044EQM9Q/ref=pd_sim_86_8?ie=UTF8&dpID=61N5%2B4ajWyL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0V1QBPDV7282Y1X1B3MB

HighOnSmoke:

--- Quote from: tlg4942 on December 09, 2015, 04:26:44 PM ---Weber makes a grate with a hole in the middle for accessories. Maybe the wok would sit in that hole...?...
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-8835-Gourmet-System-Cooking/dp/B0044EQM9Q/ref=pd_sim_86_8?ie=UTF8&dpID=61N5%2B4ajWyL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0V1QBPDV7282Y1X1B3MB

--- End quote ---

I have that Terry and I don't think the hole is big enough and it also puts the wok further away from the fire.

Jack, excellent ideas on the wok. I think that will work.  Also as far as your stick burner goes if you are just going to use charcoal and chunks instead of
your splits I can't see it not working.  Way to think outside of the box my friend. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version