Author Topic: BBQ Candied Bacon Cheeseburger  (Read 1030 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
BBQ Candied Bacon Cheeseburger
« Reply #-1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:34:55 PM »
I thawed out a chuck roast and ground it up with some added Wagyu Brisket Fat and trimmings. It made some REALLY NICE ground beef. I had my Wife get her Keg 5000 lit and up to temp. I sliced up some Vidalia onions so she could make her awesome onion rings. As I was doing so, the idea struck me to make a special burger, not your run of the mill burger. After all, I had this killer ground beef with Wagyu fat in it, lol. It's Memorial Day so I wanted to make something memorable!

I got out some Wright Brand thick cut Applewood Bacon and laid some out on a foil lined pan with a rack and applied some of Tee's "Super Pig" rub along with some Mrs. Buttersworth pancake syrup :P I was out of real maple and you know what? Mrs. Buttersworth rocked that bacon's world! I baked that off in the oven at 350°. The strips stayed nice and straight and flat! While the rings were cooking, I had my Wife put the burgers on the Keg. I seasoned mine with a little Lawry's, some coarse black pepper and a tad of Kosher salt. The other 2 were just coarse pep and kosher. She grilled'em up and topped with Colby Jack. Mine got the bacon laid on top to settle into the cheese a bit.

Buttered the buns and they took a quick lap around the keg as well for a little char. I built my burger thusly : Toasted bottom bun, swirled smokey bbq sauce, sliced red onions, 1/3 pound beef patty with cheese and bacon, 3 Devil's Spit Pickles, Crispy Onion Ring, more BBQ sauce drizzled, fresh leaf lettuce, 2 slices of garden ripe tomatoes (good and juicy!) and top toasted bun with a swirl of bbq sauce.

Served up 0-rings, some smoked baked beans I had leftover in the freezer in a foodsaver bag, red potato salad from when I made the Wagyu brisket. All real simple, real good food. I don't pat myself on the back about my food much but ya gotta believe me when I say that this burger was one of THE BEST burgers I have ever eaten! The mixture of hot and cool, sweet and savory, spicy and smokey, crispy and crunchy. It was amazing. My Wife's onion rings have a little kick, those pickles are sweet and pretty hot and spicy. The bacon was the Pièce De Résistance though. I could eat that on a dead rat's left eyeball and it would've been good!

Enough talk, take a look

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:34:15 AM by Regular Guy »
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Pappymn

BBQ Candied Bacon Cheeseburger
« on: May 30, 2016, 08:42:22 PM »
Holy cow Batman! That looks fantastic. I'm drooling. Great pic
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline tomcrete1

Re: BBQ Candied Bacon Cheeseburger
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:44:41 PM »
Very nice!   :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline tailfeathers

• To blessed to be distressed!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 09:18:22 PM »
Um, Yeah!
Bradley 6 rack digital w/ 900w mod
auber pid
Rec Tec 680
Ducane gasser
weber kettles
Anova precision SV
Kitchenaide mixer/chef's choice grinder
LEM stuffer
Vacmaster VP112 chamber sealer
A-maze-n Qmatz/tubes
Cabela's 10" slicer
Cook-Air grill
Cabela's 80L dehydrator

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:52:23 PM »
DAYUM!!  You really nailed that one!!  Great burger!!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11